cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

interviewing

evanspatricia32
Patricia E Member Since: Jun 21, 2017
1 of 6

I was offered an interview for a jo. I accepted. Now what? How should I expect to hear from the client?

jmlaidlaw
Community Guru
Janean L Member Since: Apr 6, 2016
2 of 6

Once you and the client have established/agreed to exactly what is expected (deliverables), at what time (deadline), and for how much money (all of this ideally accomplished through Upwork "Messages"), the client should set up a fully-funded contract through Upwork. This can be either hourly or as a fixed-price contract,  but make sure that it is FULLY FUNDED and that the payment source is verified. Then, you begin work. (Don't do any work without an official Upwork contract in place.) Do a good job, submit work. (Keep track of hours using TimeTracker, with memos, if hourly.) Get paid. Voilà!

See lots of info (esp. from Vladimir, Moderator) re: Getting Started on Upwork.

For now, client will contact you through Upwork Messages. (If you hear nothing, don't worry. Some clients are flakes.)

tirmizi_zeeshan
Community Leader
Zeeshan T Member Since: Jul 4, 2016
3 of 6

The client will message you on upwork. 

"Not a minor"
ahmedqayyum32
Ahmed Q Member Since: Jul 30, 2016
4 of 6

I would recommend you to know your client in a complete manner before going for an interview session. List the benefits you can offer, the problems you can solvePrepare Questions to be asked from him etc.

jmlaidlaw
Community Guru
Janean L Member Since: Apr 6, 2016
5 of 6

@ Ahmed --

@Ahmed Q wrote:

I would recommend you to know your client in a complete manner before going for an interview session. List the benefits you can offer, the problems you can solve etc.

That is good advice for certain types of jobs. However, for some jobs, that is more depth than is required. For example, I recently completed a job that involved my proofreading two paragraphs of text for a business letter. (Rush job, willing to pay well.) I really didn't need to know all about the client, except that they weren't involved in unethical business and that they would pay. They needed to know only that my previous clients were well-satisfied with what I do, and that I was available within the next half-hour.

ahmedqayyum32
Ahmed Q Member Since: Jul 30, 2016
6 of 6

@Janean You're abosultely right. Knowing your clients are for those who are completely unfamiliar with the kind of work being offered to them.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS