🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » invisible profile
Page options
django_expert
Community Member

invisible profile

I am a freelancer and the question is that if I turn my profile invisible so will it hide me from the client search as well or not? and will it affect my profile SEO?

4 REPLIES 4
django_expert
Community Member

is there anyone from Upwork who can help me?

JoanneP

Hi Abubakar,

If you are referring to setting your profile to private, it would mean that your profile will be excluded from the Upwork marketplace and search engines. This means clients won’t see you when they search for freelancers. People who are not logged into Upwork will not be able to access your profile via a direct link. People who are logged into Upwork and have access to your direct profile link will only be able to see your first name, last initial, title, photo, rate, city, and country. You can check this help article to learn more about setting your profile visibility. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi Joanne, I mean when a user logs in as a freelancer and then set his/her profile from online to invisible then will it affect the ranking of my profile or will my profile de-ranked?

Note: profile is still public.

Hello Abubakar, When you or any freelancer will set his profile as invisible, your profile will hide from Upwork search results, so clients can't find you on Upwork, and also It will affect your Profile SEO. Because when it will not be visible for Upwork clients, impressions of your profile page also will be decreased and it will also go down from Google search results as well.

Hope you understand... 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members