🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » invitation to interview
Page options
paulrsmith29
Community Member

invitation to interview

When I receive an invitation to interview and then apply, do I have to use my rate from my general portfolio?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
colettelewis
Community Member

Paul S wrote:

When I receive an invitation to interview and then apply, do I have to use my rate from my general portfolio?

No, it is a guideline. However, if your proposed fee is higher than the rate shown, then you should add a rider as to why. If it is lower, then only make it minimally lower. I sometimes knock off a few dollars to round a figure down, rather than up. But it really depends on the amount of work that is involved and how much you want the job,  which is for you to judge. (The more work involved - the higher your fee should be - rule of thumb.)

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Paul S wrote:

You can use any rate you want to, maybe even the weird rate suggestions from upwork. 

I believe, though, that a rate is a rate, and does not vary per client/ job/ skillset, save for a reasonable increase for inflation from time to time, or a larger increase to fend off too many clients. But that's my approach, everybody has their own. 

colettelewis
Community Member

Paul S wrote:

No, it is a guideline. However, if your proposed fee is higher than the rate shown, then you should add a rider as to why. If it is lower, then only make it minimally lower. I sometimes knock off a few dollars to round a figure down, rather than up. But it really depends on the amount of work that is involved and how much you want the job,  which is for you to judge. (The more work involved - the higher your fee should be - rule of thumb.)

Thank you, I could not remember if the rate was able to be changed.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members