🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » invoices
Page options
webfalconfirm
Community Member

invoices

Dear All,

I would like to know how can I issue the invoice for my clients? because we are the company that we must issue the invoice. we cannot just get money for no reason. If we do the projects, we should issue the invoice for getting money.

best regards. 

5 REPLIES 5
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi there, 

Please keep in mind the freelancer profiles are for independent freelancers. If you would like to work as a company or as a team you will need to open an agency profile.
Also, I would like to note that your freelancer profile name needs to be your full legal name.

Regarding the invoices, when you have received a payment from a client both you and your clients will have an invoice for the payment. To learn more about invoices, check out this Help Article. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thank you for your message.

I have created the agency account and I followed what you led me.

I have paid for the agency account from my company bank account and when I download the invoice, there is no *(VAT) number in the invoice. An invoice without VAT has no value for me. How can I add a VAT number to the invoice? 

Best regards. 

Hi Web,

We do assess VAT in certain countries on digital services provided by Upwork, this VAT will show on the invoice for that main transaction. You can find this in Reports > Transaction History on your Agency account. 

That said, please know that Upwork doesn't assess VAT on payments freelancers and agencies receive from their clients. If you need to create additional invoices to comply with local laws please consult with a tax advisor as we can't provide tax or legal advice.

Thanks!
~Andrea
Upwork

I think u did not get my point. I just paid for agency membership and i don't have a vat in my invoice. I am not talking about client invoices. Even for monthly payment for agency membership u will not issue invoice with vat?

Best regards

Hi Web,

We'll have someone from our team reach out to you via support ticket and provide instructions on how to get the invoices for your Agency Membership payment with VAT as we'd rather not share any private account info here in the Community.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths