🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » is Upwork hiring percentage dropping now???
Page options
atharhaleem803
Community Member

is Upwork hiring percentage dropping now???

So from the last two months or so I am really worried about what is happening with the upwork hiring percentage. Even having 100% job success it makes me difficult to get hired in my field i.e PowerPoint Designer. It's not only happening with me but I can see that many other top freelancers are being hired very less compared to the past.

Is it because of strict and frequently changing terms and policies or something else? But surely something is, which is bothering clients to gain much confidence.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
tlbp
Community Member

Every day, new freelancers join Upwork. If an equal number of clients do not join Upwork, each freelancer has a chance of being hired less frequently. When supply outpaces demand, suppliers are less in demand. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
feed_my_eyes
Community Member

I don't know if hiring percentages are down, but the PowerPoint category is oversubscribed these days, with any decent projects attracting 20-50 bids within an hour. I'm waiting to see whether the new connects system has any impact (so far, it hasn't).

tlbp
Community Member

Every day, new freelancers join Upwork. If an equal number of clients do not join Upwork, each freelancer has a chance of being hired less frequently. When supply outpaces demand, suppliers are less in demand. 

Thank you for the reply but I think some other freelancing websites like fiverr, are promoting their business with the help of different sources but I never see such efforts from upwork. I think upwork should focus on promoting the business, otherwise depending on freelancers only could result more bad.

Lol if only you knew what goes on in Upwork's marketing and sales departments. 

It's sad that a site like **Edited for Community Guidelines** is smoking Upwork when it comes to marketing.

Alexander B wrote:

It's sad that a site like XXXXXX is smoking Upwork when it comes to marketing.

Are they though?

Yes, they advertise "Look how cheaply you can have X,Y,Z done" on Facebook etc.  Is that attracting the kind of clients you want to be hired by?  Seriously?

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members