cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: is it just me or the jobs quality are getting worst ? (mobile apps mainly)

Highlighted
SalahAldin G Member Since: Jun 21, 2011
1 of 16

Hello guys,

I've been part of oDesk/upwork for 4+ years now and I managed through hardwork to get into (verified app developer) program, but I've been away for months working for different startups.

now I'm considering taking some jobs back and feel things out, but I've been browsing today and yesturday and the jobs just seem rediculus.

the pay is relatively too low and the expectations are higher than usual.

is that your common experince? or good job are still there but you have to take a closer look ?

Highlighted
Community Guru
Ramon B Member Since: Jan 11, 2015
2 of 16

It's not just you...

Writing to Attractive girls - Not a joke

I'm looking for a Copywriter to write to my dates on tinder and facebook, and set up everything. As i'm too busy myself. To start, this will be an AS NEEDED, hourly position. I hope this will be a fun thing todo for you Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Community Guru
Aleksandra K Member Since: Mar 31, 2015
3 of 16

No wonder he is single…

Highlighted
Community Guru
John K Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
4 of 16

Ramon, did you accept the assignment? We don't all get to be Cyrano.

5 of 16

Yes, I'm sure my innate gift for tact and diplomacy would be ideal for the job! Anyway, nobody ever got a girlfriend by being timid, asking other people is only exasperating the problem. He needs to get out there and talk to girls in person.

Highlighted
6 of 16

This is really bad, specially for us tech guys (or intelligent work in general) where companies and businesses are getting used to the idea of workers working from home. this trend should reflect positively on oDesk and similar websites.

To be honest oDesk/upwork should at least investigate the issue in a mesureable way and publish its finidings to try and have a conversation with the community.

Highlighted
Community Guru
7 of 16

I think we can take a guess as to what the findings since the switchover will be, and indeed the chances of the Upwork management having an open discussion with the freelancers about them. Cat Wink

Highlighted
Community Guru
Jean S Member Since: Oct 22, 2007
8 of 16

Absolutely nothing has been done and will not be done. Since May they have been completely unresponsive to freelancer's concers and yours is just one of many.

It's very disheartening after 6 years on this platform than many of us are being forced to look elsewhere for work.

Highlighted
9 of 16

Its really a sad thing then, oDesk was a home for me over the past 4 years and allowed me to communicate with so much great people (both clients and contractors).

its sad to see it going downhill eventhough the conditions are prime for it to be improving.

Highlighted
10 of 16

what do you mean by "switchover will be" ? what switchover ? are you talking about the rebranding to "upwork" ?

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS