🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » is it possible to start fresh?
Page options
designiit
Community Member

is it possible to start fresh?

Hi, 

I hope everyone is staying safe,

So recently, I had stopped working on Upwork since I was not getting any more jobs (not getting hired by people.)  due to a very low JSS. Now I believe I have better communication, skills, and services to offer on Upwork so I really wanted to start fresh is it possible to remove/reset reviews from my profile? My current JSS is around %66 due to which no matter how many Connects I buy clients always move to another Freelancer with a better JSS and I really don't stand a chance in the competition. 

I really loved the time I spent on Upwork but it seems really impossible to recover from this score now.  Since its been years I am a whole new person willing to start working again on Upwork.  Is it possible Upworks Support Team can reset my stats / JSS score and give me another chance to work on my profile from scratch?  Thanks. 

Talha shaikh

10 REPLIES 10
jr-translation
Community Member

Talha S wrote:

Hi, 

I had stopped working on Upwork since I was not getting any more jobs due to a very low JSS. Now I believe I have better communication, skills, and services to offer on Upwork so I really wanted to start fresh is it possible to remove/reset reviews from my profile? My current JSS is around %66 due to which no matter how many Connects I buy clients always move to another Freelancer with a better JSS.  

I really loved the time I spent on Upwork but it seems really impossible to recover from this score now.  Since its been years I am a whole new person willing to start working aAAgain on Upwork.  Is it possible support team can reset my stats / JSS score and give me another chance to work on my profile from scratch?  Thanks. 

Atif. S

No, but when has you name changed from Talha to Atif?

Hi, Thanks for the kind reply It's really sad if it's not possible 😞

Thanks for pointing out! I have corrected my name.  I used my nickname Atif (Atif aslam famous singer as my family and friends called me. LOL..) I apologize for using the nickname on a professional platform.  Smiley Very Happy

Talha S wrote:

Hi, Thanks for the kind reply It's really sad if it's not possible 😞

Thanks for pointing out! I have corrected my name.  I used my nickname Atif (Atif aslam famous singer as my family and friends called me. LOL..) I apologize for using the nickname on a professional platform.  Smiley Very Happy

How did you get a blue checkmark with a fake name on your profile?

joynul33
Community Member

It's  impossible, I believe!

Joynul

What do you guys suggest? Should I try spending more amount buying Connects and bidding on projects again? Do you think it is possible to get hired with this JSS?  Thanks!

I think what you could try to do is be really smart about which proposals you apply to. Apply only to jobs you know you will do great and that don’t have a lot of proposals, the fewer proposals the client gets the more likely they will read every one of them including yours, and of course yours has to be great for them to look over your JSS and at least talk to you, then it’s up to you to convince them. If you get great reviews from now on the old bad ones will have less impact over time and your JSS should rise little by little.
But I am guessing it would be an uphill battle.

Hi Andrea, 

I really appreciate your kind response to my query you're right it will be really tough! But unfortunately, I have also tried doing that writing great proposals applying to suitable jobs etc but the first thing they ask is why my JSS is so low? Nobody trusts meSmiley Frustrated

Thanks so much again as you really give a thought to my post before replying.  

Talha S wrote:

Hi Andrea, 

I really appreciate your kind response to my query you're right it will be really tough! But unfortunately, I have also tried doing that writing great proposals applying to suitable jobs etc but the first thing they ask is why my JSS is so low? Nobody trusts meSmiley Frustrated

Thanks so much again as you really give a thought to my post before replying.  

Maybe you sign your proposals with your "nickname" too and clients think your account was purchased.

Quotes:

1. Since its been years I am a whole new person willing to start working again on Upwork.  Is it possible Upworks Support Team can reset my stats / JSS score and give me another chance to work on my profile from scratch?  Thanks. 

2. Nobody trusts meSmiley Frustrated

With respect to #1, above: I am convinced that you really are a whole new person, "Atif." (Or, I could call you by your non-famous-singer "nickname" : Talha.)

With respect to #2, above: You have my sympathy. I am mystified as to why you find yourself in such an unfortunate situation. Clearly, it is through no fault of your own, Atif. Upwork should be a pal and give you another chance.

Janean L wrote:

Quotes:

1. Since its been years I am a whole new person willing to start working again on Upwork.  Is it possible Upworks Support Team can reset my stats / JSS score and give me another chance to work on my profile from scratch?  Thanks. 

2. Nobody trusts meSmiley Frustrated

With respect to #1, above: I am convinced that you really are a whole new person, "Atif." (Or, I could call you by your non-famous-singer "nickname" : Talha.)

With respect to #2, above: You have my sympathy. I am mystified as to why you find yourself in such an unfortunate situation. Clearly, it is through no fault of your own, Atif. Upwork should be a pal and give you another chance.

I only checked because of "Since its been years" but the profile is from last year.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members