🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » is there any way if a client can approve the ...
Page options
django_expert
Community Member

is there any way if a client can approve the amount for logged hours?

I am just making this post for clarification.

I am working with a nice client. can I request my client to accept the amount on Monday or Tuesday after logging the hours?

Is it possible? or the amount will be in review for 5 days? or it can be released by the client to the pending section after clicking the approve button?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
bilal1983
Community Member

If client does not approve it will get approved after 5 days automatically. Yes, the client can approve it earlier than that if they do it manually, but I would never ask the client to approve it, as it sounds impatient and unprofessional.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
bilal1983
Community Member

If client does not approve it will get approved after 5 days automatically. Yes, the client can approve it earlier than that if they do it manually, but I would never ask the client to approve it, as it sounds impatient and unprofessional.

it makes sense. thanks.

He's talking about an hourly contract, so your answer doesn't apply. There is nothing for a client to approve in an hourly contract - they're charged automatically - and there's no way to speed up the payment, so no point in asking.

You're right, my bad I mixed up the hourly contract with fixed-price contract. The 5-day review period cannot be sped up.

So yeah, your weekly payment cannot be released to the pending section by the client. It will happen automatically.

wlyonsatl
Community Member

Abubakar A.,

All billable work time you track using TimeTracker (or that you add manually) is submitted to your client(s) each Monday for the Upwork work week that ended the previous night at midnight Greenwich Mean Time (UTC).

Neither your nor your client(s) can accelerate that process or the day funds are actually released to you, which is the following Friday (if you are Top Rated) or the next Wednesday after that.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths