🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: is there facility to remove bad client fe...
Page options
chandradev819
Community Member

is there facility to remove bad client feedback from top rated freelancer ?

Hi All,

Before 3 days my JSS was 100% and i got the top ratated freelancer badge for 3 days. In same time interval, one of my client unprofessional client gave me 1 start ratting on my profile.

Actually he was forcing me to work on unfunded milestone to complete the whole project. He has paid for only one completed milestone. I totaly denny and stop to working on his project since he was going against upwork policy.

After that he raised the dispute to get the paid money of completed milestone. I shared all the screen shot and code sharing proff to upwork support team. Upwork support team gave judgement in favor of me and closed the dispute ticket.

Now he gave me bad review my profile so my jss come 100% to 80%. After that i lost my top rated badge. There was problem with client but I got the punishment.

is there option to remove that bad review from my profile ? 

Regards

Chandradev

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Chandradev S wrote:

If you lost your top rated badge less than 2 weeks ago, you can still use your Feedback Removal Perk.

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
petra_r
Community Member

Chandradev S wrote:

If you lost your top rated badge less than 2 weeks ago, you can still use your Feedback Removal Perk.

Thnaks Petra, I have sent email to**Edited for community guidelines**

Petra,

Can you shed some light on how one can get Top Rated badge back in similar cases? One bad client JSS drops and the badge is lost. 

Are we awarded the badge back once the JSS is above 90%? Or is there a different process? I am hoping I will be eligible for the badge next week and have been very cautious and turned down offers from possible "bad" clients based on review... 

Want to earn it and keep the badge, any guidance will be helpful. 

Many Thanks, Ashraf

Ashraf K wrote:

Can you shed some light on how one can get Top Rated badge back in similar cases? One bad client JSS drops and the badge is lost. 

If you are top rated, you have access to the Feedback Removal Perk

once every 10 cntracts and 3 months at the most. This perk lets you remove one outcome from your JSS calculation, and optionally replace the stars and written feedback with "This feedback has been removed"!

You have 14 days after losing your top rated status to use the perk.

Ashraf K wrote:

Are we awarded the badge back once the JSS is above 90%? Or is there a different process?

No, you get it back when you eet all the criteria (JSS of 90% and more, earnings, a minimum of 13 out of 16 eligible weeks and no recent account holds.)

Ashraf K wrote:

I am hoping I will be eligible for the badge next week

Remember that if you were below 90% for 4 or more weeks, it takes a long time for the 4 (or more) non-eligible weeks to work their way through the 16 week window.

Hi Ashraf,

You will get your Top-Rated badge back within 48 hours after you start meeting all the requirements from this help article. In your case, I see that your 'Top Rated eligible weeks' on the 'My Stats' page dropped to 12 out of 16 which is why you are no longer eligible for the badge. Eligible weeks are ones where you either had Rising Talent status or a Job Success Score above or equal to 90%. Each Saturday we remove the week 17 weeks ago from the calculation and add the most recent week. You have to look at the eligibility weeks as a rolling 16-week window. Please check the graph included in this help article and refer to the information shared in the Calculating Top Rated Eligible Weeks section.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hello Aleksandar, 

Thanks for your details reply, much appreciated. 

I was never awarded Top-Rated Status, but now since I am just one week away from the 13th Top Rated eligible weeks, I am hoping I will be awarded Top Rated soon. 

So, let's say once I get TOP Rated badge, 2 weeks later my JSS drops below 90% I will become ineligible for the badge. My question is if after 2 weeks my JSS is above 90% will I get it back or does the 13 Week cycle starts again? 

It just takes one pissed off client to significantly affect the JSS, so how long doe sit take to earn back once I lose it? 

Ashraf K wrote:

So, let's say once I get TOP Rated badge, 2 weeks later my JSS drops below 90% I will become ineligible for the badge. My question is if after 2 weeks my JSS is above 90% will I get it back or does the 13 Week cycle starts again?

It doesn't start again, but your eligile weeks drop by one for every week you are below 90%.

Thanks, good to know that. 

Hi @Aleksandar

I didnot get any reply from upwork team. Is that email id working or not ?

Regards

Chandradev

Chandradev S wrote:

I did not get any reply from upwork team. Is that email id working or not ?

Did you write to them with the specific contract you wanted excluded?

Are you sure you had the address correct?

Yes, I have given exact email Id. I have also given extact contract Id to be removed. I also send 2 to 3 follow up email. Even thought i have sent private message to @Aleksandar to know the status. It looks like given email Id is not working.

Chandradev S wrote:

Yes, I have given exact email Id. I have also given extact contract Id to be removed.

It is working. Do it again.

Just now i sent from gmail id, Now i got acknowledgement reply from them. It looks like there is bugs on upwork ticket create functionality with hotmail email domain. It is not accepting any email with hotmail domain.

I have already sent 4 to 5 emails from my register hotmail email. But i was not getting any acknowledgement.

Hi Chandradev,

I checked but couldn't find previous requests you made, but you did manage to create this support ticket now regarding the feedback removal. Please allow more time for our team to check the request and follow up with you on the same ticket.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Just want to ask you,

My question is if I lose my top-rated badge, then my removed feedback will appear again?

I have removed a bad feed on profile, so thinking about this. 

Zain S wrote:

My question is if I lose my top-rated badge, then my removed feedback will appear again?

No, it won't.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths