🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » is there possibility to create fake job post ...
Page options
marvipriyesh
Community Member

is there possibility to create fake job post and eat connects by upwork ?

Hello Folks

I just want to know that 

is there possibility to create fake job post and eat connects by upwork ?

cause i applied on 300 jobs from last 90 days and among them 1% not closed yet..so there is possibility..please answer regarding this upwork staff.

Thanks 

27 REPLIES 27
torlakian
Community Member

Yes it ispossible!

There is this guy, creating like the same **bleep**ing post all the time and no hires at all!! 

And this is his second account, I've already reported him before and again on his new account.

I know it is his second because of the same carbon copy job posts,

unbelievable.

Stefan T wrote:

Yes it ispossible!

There is this guy, creating like the same **bleep**ing post all the time and no hires at all!! 

And this is his second account, I've already reported him before and again on his new account.

I know it is his second because of the same carbon copy job posts,

unbelievable.

These people would obviously have either no history on upwork, or have a very low hiring rate, so the more seasoned freelancers are steering clear of clients like that. 

marvipriyesh
Community Member

yes but possible this upwork do this..i mean hire people to do only post job fake jobs..

i mean not by freelancer......... by upwork it self ?

so freelancer spend more connect and freelancer needs to buy more connects so this way they earning more.

Priyesh M wrote:

yes but possible this upwork do this..i mean hire people to do only post job fake jobs..

i mean not by freelancer......... by upwork it self ?

so freelancer spend more connect and freelancer needs to buy more connects so this way they earning more.

That sounds a tad paranoid to me. 

Just need to think all perspective..

cause if upwork post more jobs then it'll eat more connect and freelancer will buy more connects..

i am also think its weired but i just told you possiblity cause everything is possible in war and earn money :DSmiley Very Happy

Priyesh M wrote:

i mean not by freelancer by upwork it self ?

Nonsense.

Priyesh M wrote:

everything is possible in war and earn money :DSmiley Very Happy

Is that why you **Edited for Community Guidelines**

@Petra R 

pardon me if you think it is..

but i just put one point of view..now its upto you if you think twice on it or just think its nonsense.

It’s nonsense because it assumes that Upwork is one entity or a mass of likeminded people with all the same lack of morals. Instead it is a company made up of people all with a wide variety of ethics. You would have to have multiple people all complicit in this to make it work and overall it is a complete waste of time.

There are bad jobs out there. There are scam jobs out there. There might even be fake jobs out there. But I doubt Upwork is involved.
But even if they were, what could you do about it?

I don't want to do anything..Upwork is right in their way and i am right my own way..i just put my thoughts for discussion..

Even i am okay with paid thing and i am also payting to upwork from years..so i am expecting answer from GURU and LEADER not expecting insult.. 

yup..its none of your business...by the why you are giving rude answers ?

are you really comunity guru ?

and one more thing...how can you see my personal info. ? is upwork allow this kind of craking privacy thing ?

Hi Priyesh,

Upwork is not creating fake jobs. Sometimes clients change their minds about a project. Other times they find freelancers outside of Upwork or even hire a permanent employee instead. There are even clients and freelancers that go against TOS and take their business off Upwork at the risk of being permanently suspended. Some clients may realize their budgets will not allow for hiring just at this moment. The reasons are plentiful but it is not because Upwork is creating fake jobs. They are getting their revenue by other legitimate means.

As far as someone seeing your personal information, we cannot see your personal information. Your earnings history is very public. It can be seen even when marked private. If you submit a proposal, clients will still be given access to your earnings history on each job. Also, there other very legitimate ways to see it. As I said, your earnings are part of your Upwork profile and can be viewed.

Appriciate the answer..

actually i set cost as a private so no one able to see it except me.

I talked with the team already..and i think i'll get answer ASAP.

Thanks 

Priyesh M wrote:

actually i set cost as a private so no one able to see it except me.

That is not how it works.

Clients you apply to can always see your entire history including rates and payments right on your profile, as can any client you are working with.

From the relevant article:

As a Plus plan member, you can opt to hide your contracts' rates and total billings on your profile's work history, but not from your proposals. Once you submit a proposal or accept an invitation, that potential client will see your past contracts' rates and totals. Your profile rate advertised at the top will always be visible.

Anyone else can see it with two mouseclicks via the job posts.

Hiding your rates and then working at much less is silly. You will get hired a lot less that way because you don't appear in certain filtered searches and clients who see your profile rate and then see what you work at will think you are either trying to pull a fast one or have no idea what you are doing or both.

Then you should know there $25 job as well...

you should be careful what you are talking cause I am consitant TOP RATED developer since TOP RATED introduce.

and in more..you don't know what's the deal with that client..

Priyesh M wrote:

you should be careful what you are talking

I should? Be "careful?" Are you trying to threaten me? How incredibly cute. What do you think you will do to me 😄

Priyesh M wrote:

I am consitant TOP RATED developer since TOP RATED introduce.

So?   So am I

I am not here to threaten anyone..just telling you that just answer nicely...and if you can't then don't replay over thread.

Its great..Congratulations..

Priyesh M wrote:

I am not here to threaten anyone..

Good, because I can assure you that that would be a spectacularly bad idea.

Talking about responding "nicely" - at the end of the day you're the one accusing the platform you work on of fraud on a public forum.

How in the world does that fit with "posting nicely?"

I have rights to discuss here...right ?

and there is one community guru.. Catherine M ....trust me you can check their response. You should answer like that...

I didn't tell you personally that you are farud..I just put my view and any one can discuss over it without any offense or insult.

and its non of your business that will i take $6 or i do in free..

many clients fake that asking for test job free and then never revert..you should improments on this..rather then justify upwork..and if you don't like thred then you are free to NO ANSWER..but you have no right to close my privacy..

I apsolutley agree with you!It looks like UPWORK alone doing that and make money!Shame....

Mrdjan G wrote:

I apsolutley agree with you!It looks like UPWORK alone doing that and make money!Shame....

... says the brand new freelancer with 0 experience on or of the platform.

Sounds believable...

marvipriyesh
Community Member

ohk..so community guru is for insulting only...Not for answer 😄 Great 

kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi Priyesh,

I can confirm Upwork team doesn't post fake jobs to collect connects and only posts jobs with an intention to hire freelancers on it. The expectation for paid Connects is that freelancers will submit fewer proposals, increasing their likelihood of winning projects and making it easier for clients to identify high-quality talent. 

~ Valeria
Upwork

I respect the PAID connect things...But it doesn't mean that not hired job and not closed job will be also calculate. I mean to say..for not hired and expried should retrun connects cause there are only 6 connect job according to my skills and not hired many of them.

so please discuss over it with the team.

Thanks 

I came here just because ,I have some questions :

It's Out of topic,But can i please know how to become community guru and moderator??

It looks like a interesting job,    

Is there also provision for salary ? If yes,Do advice me how to become one.

Smiley LOLSmiley LOLSmiley LOLSmiley LOLSmiley LOLSmiley LOL

Hi Sikha,

I would like to clarify that Community Gurus are freelancers like you. Community Guru is a rank which is awarded to a user based on activity and "age", i.e. how long they`ve been registered on the Community.

To learn more about Community Ranks, check out this Post

We, Moderators, are official representatives of Upwork. If we are expanding our team we will post a public job post like before. Keep an eye on your job feed and you may see an opening from our end. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

For more than a year or so, I am experiencing a great difficulty to win a project but I have never thought that things like this can happen on such a serious platform as upwork.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members