cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

job for C programmer

Viola V Member Since: Nov 29, 2013
1 of 8
Hi, I think, I have very rare and unusual Smiley Happy) problem. I already several weeks I can't find a job... I have several years of experience as C programmer... and also my profile is set, and i made a few tests.... and also I set low Pay Rate... Of course I understand that C is not so common as C# or php... and also some job suggestions, which were connected with C, required a long experience on ODESK at least 100 hours.... So.. I can't understand how to start working here Smiley Sad I will be appreciate if somebody can explain what can i improve or change in my attempts to find job on odesk if somebody has job as C programmer here? Thanks Vita
Exp U Member Since: Oct 29, 2014
2 of 8
Make your profile better. Look at the people who are bidding on the jobs you want; look at their profiles; then make yours better. Become the best applicant.
Evgeniy T Member Since: Mar 20, 2009
3 of 8
> I can't understand how to start working here You are not alone Smiley Happy Many good level professionals have same issue including me (I tried to use odesk on 2009, spent lot of time to very crappy work when, but currently I trying do this again - I got some clients responses recently but nothing real yet). I think is too hard to find job here without having good odesk feedback, I had read on this forum that someone found their the first hourly job only after first 4 month of every day searching, also recently odesk added some buggy feature which hide applications to jobs by randoms reasons if you can't get any clients responses for you applications about two weeks or more maybe you have issue with this feature. I know that best works here can be founded only by invitations from clients, on the other side lot of bad or fraud projects posts here in "Find Jobs" feed therefore I think shortest way to find job here is try to find client outside odesk and bring him to odesk to work with you (might be it can be you old good client who have trust to you).
Community Guru
Misty K Member Since: Feb 5, 2012
4 of 8
I beg to differ with you on one thing you said. I don't think even feedback or work history matters here much anymore. I've been working through this platform for over 2 years now and for the first 1 year and 10 months, I had job after job after job, right when I set up here. Never had a lag in projects. Now, beginning about 2 months ago or so, jobs are very, very hard to gain. No matter how I market myself (and I use persuasive writing skills) it seems that either extremely low bidders are hired, or no one at all is hired following being interviewed. It is exasperating, just to say the very least!! I apply for positions that I have years of experience in, and good credentials (educational background) but nine times out of ten it leads nowhere. I get so frustrated about it all. So, I'm revamping my professional business site and going to start marketing away from here again. I've debated it for a long time..... Odesk is going to be losing extremely productive contractors because of all their faults, even though I am trying to rough it out. I am NOT happy at all with this platform.
5 of 8
Yes it looks like that currently not so best time on odesk, I think that I can to find job outside odesk in wild internet for time less that week, but I felt that for odesk I need invest at least one month of time to get small contract. (Today I got good job proposal with relocation to different country only by my very outdated linkedin profile)
Ramesh B Member Since: Sep 1, 2013
6 of 8
I would suggest you to learn new language, because C is very old and currently languages and framework related to mobile apps and websites are in demand Smiley Happy
7 of 8
Of course C not so hot now like Objective-C or Ruby and so on, but it's not root of this issue (For instance C currently highly on demand in embedded devices development, or in linux kernel development) - finding advanced job for not newbie level work at odesk is really hard without feedback. Viola profile also have C++ experience, lot of game development jobs is demand of this knowledge.
Ace Contributor
Alexander N Member Since: Sep 14, 2013
8 of 8
Two words: desktop development. Somehow, it's not too popular on freelancing market. Not a dev myself, so I cannot give you any solid advice. But from my side, it looks like you could either switch to PHP/C# or implement your knowledge of C in Linux (namely CentOS) administration and customization field.
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS