Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

job invitaion

radhie
Ace Contributor
Radhika M Member Since: Aug 22, 2016
1 of 3

I received an job invitation from a client freelance mentors for academic writers for editing and proofreading .As  I am not a native English speaker ,i cannot do translation .the one of the  job requirement is Experience in translation, editing, English content or academic writing;and linguistic education

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
BEST ANSWER
2 of 3

@Radhika M wrote:

I received an job invitation from a client freelance mentors for academic writers for editing and proofreading .As  I am not a native English speaker ,i cannot do translation .the one of the  job requirement is Experience in translation, editing, English content or academic writing;and linguistic education

Just decline the invitation.

I would also gently suggest that you rethink your profile ... I don't think English Editing and Proofreading is "quite" your ideal area of expertise? As you said, you are not a native or native level English speaker, so editing and proofreading in a language you're not fluent in is probably not a great idea.

poofreader.png

View solution in original post

vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
3 of 3

Hi Radhika,

Our team already removed the job you were invited to, so please make sure to avoid and report any job offering direct payments.

Please take a look at the list of safety tips and advice Lena posted here.

Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS