🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » job success score.
Page options
ankan_s
Community Member

job success score.

Hello folks, 

My profile is currently at TOP RATED with a 100% success rate. But, today I was hired on a project and due to some misunderstanding with the client, my client had to cancel the job and end the contract. The client had requested the refund and I approved that instantly. Now, my question is, " will it harm my Job Success score? " I have a decent work history and all of my other previous works have 5-star ratings. Please, help me to clear my doubts, as it took me years and lots of hard work to achieve this.

Thank you all. 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
a_lipsey
Community Member

Ankan S wrote:

Hello folks, 

My profile is currently at TOP RATED with a 100% success rate. But, today I was hired on a project and due to some misunderstanding with the client, my client had to cancel the job and end the contract. The client had requested the refund and I approved that instantly. Now, my question is, " will it harm my Job Success score? " I have a decent work history and all of my other previous works have 5-star ratings. Please, help me to clear my doubts, as it took me years and lots of hard work to achieve this.

Thank you all. 

Ankan, you have like 62 jobs completed. So while they may leave negative private feedback, your score may take a small hit, but I suspect it wouldn't be too bad. Projects are also weighted by earnings, and since there were no earnings, hopefully it can't weigh too much. My estimation is that you may lose a few percentage points, but will stay above 90, which is all that matters for Top Rated status. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
a_lipsey
Community Member

Ankan S wrote:

Hello folks, 

Thank you all. 

Ankan, you have like 62 jobs completed. So while they may leave negative private feedback, your score may take a small hit, but I suspect it wouldn't be too bad. Projects are also weighted by earnings, and since there were no earnings, hopefully it can't weigh too much. My estimation is that you may lose a few percentage points, but will stay above 90, which is all that matters for Top Rated status. 

ankan_s
Community Member

Thank you so much 🙂 

rverang
Community Member

Ankan S wrote:

today I was hired on a project and due to some misunderstanding with the client, my client had to cancel the job and end the contract.

It will only affect your profile negatively if the client left negative private feedback. Otherwise, no effect at all.

arshad_sunaza
Community Member

I can't see my Job success score on my profile, why is that?

Sunaza A wrote:

I can't see my Job success score on my profile, why is that?

because you don't have one, you don't have enough contracts in your 2 year window.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths