🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » late submission of work to client
Page options
django_expert
Community Member

late submission of work to client

I have 2 projects with 2 different clients and due date is passed now.

will it effect my JSS in future even I get 5 stars each from my clients?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
kubatsson
Community Member

If you do not submit by that date, you can be in violation of the contract and they can cancel it and/or give you a bad rating. However, if your client agrees that you can submit work past the due date, that is between you and them, Upwork will not cancel the contract because you are late, it's up to your client whether or not it's okay for you to submit work later. So, it won't affect your JSS at all.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
kubatsson
Community Member

If you do not submit by that date, you can be in violation of the contract and they can cancel it and/or give you a bad rating. However, if your client agrees that you can submit work past the due date, that is between you and them, Upwork will not cancel the contract because you are late, it's up to your client whether or not it's okay for you to submit work later. So, it won't affect your JSS at all.

Hi Adis.

I got your point and yes I have asked to the clients about the delay and they are willing to co-operate with me so I was afraid that I may face decline in my JSS in future if I do not submit the project to the clients on time.

ashrafkhan81
Community Member

I think it is good to always ask for a little extra time; as a buffer, sometimes unexpected things can pop up on the personal front, which may delay the project. 

If you fear you will not meet the committed deadline, appraise the client in advance about the possible delay. I found most clients to be understanding and cooperative! 

And never take up a project that you fear you will not be able to deliver on time or the time clients need the project. 

Thanks Ashraf for the reply.

one of my project is easy and there were 2 milestones and one was done from my side on the same day but when it comes to 2nd milestone then I got issues and due date was passed so when I again contacted to the client and he said, he is okay ut now he is busy somewhere and I have not submmited the milestone yet.

and yes Clients are okay with the delay.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members