chocolleen

legit or scam?

hi im new in upwork can you tell me if this is legit or scam? my client said this

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
vladag
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Melanie Jade and Ionut,

I can confirm this is a scam and our team will remove the client from the platform shortly. Please make sure never to pay in order to qualify or start working on a job, stop communicating with this person and review the safety tips we shared here.

Untitled

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
2591126f

it is a known scam. Report them.

thank you.:) They want me to pay a work permit @.@

No work permit is required to work on upwork. You get paid by clients and not pay them instead. They just want to scam you of 24 dollar. They have no work for you. 

Stop communicating with them and report them to upwork.

I would suggest you to read help topics.

negruionut

100% scam.

I just accepted to a job yesterday and the guy interviewing me on facebook said the exact same phrase.
I believe it is the same guy: **Edited for Community Guidelines**

The job posting is here: **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Someone please suspend his account.

Yes thats the name of the guy. @.@. Thanks

vladag
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Melanie Jade and Ionut,

I can confirm this is a scam and our team will remove the client from the platform shortly. Please make sure never to pay in order to qualify or start working on a job, stop communicating with this person and review the safety tips we shared here.

Untitled
maicayver

OMG! ATM we are talking and I know that it was a scam if the employer is asking for a payment. FYI! His new name in Facebook is **Edited for Community Guidelines** .

Flag the job post.  Don't communcate with prospective clients on Facebook, only on Upwork.