cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

less and less jobs ?

Community Guru
Olivier P Member Since: May 25, 2015
1 of 9

Did you ntice that since 2 weeks there are less and less new job offers ? Maybe it is my feed but i cannnot explain why and what happen !!

Community Guru
Krisztina U Member Since: Aug 7, 2009
2 of 9

@Olivier P wrote:

i cannnot explain why and what happen !!

Upwork is what happened.

Community Guru
Robert James R Member Since: Apr 17, 2015
3 of 9

I noticed the decline specially in client quality. I'm still afloat but if this keeps up, I'll be forced to look for a job outside again :/

Ammad N Member Since: May 28, 2015
4 of 9

Well on the contrary i am seeing more job posting in my search area. Maybe its some specific areas where jobs arnt getting posted much. I am seeing one thing that coding and web development jobs are on a decline. Maybe its just my observation.

Community Guru
Robert James R Member Since: Apr 17, 2015
5 of 9

I've no problem with the volume. It's the type of clients and jobs I have an issue with. Before we can see clients willing to pay reasonable price for a job but now, on the writing side at least, you can always see posts that readily say "$1 per 500 words" or "I'll pay you 0.01 cent per word" or less.

Community Guru
Jean S Member Since: Oct 22, 2007
6 of 9

I have seen it also. It's not good and the clients are dreadful. The pay dropped dramatically as well. Not sure why but it's just harder to find work here even when you're very experienced.

Ace Contributor
Candi H Member Since: Jan 14, 2015
7 of 9

There are definitely fewer jobs. Since March and the beginning of the end, my yearly earnings have dropped $1500, that works out to about $500 a month. I have consistently stayed at the same earnings level for a couple of years.

I have a lot of regular clients, which is the only reason I even earn  from Upwork. I have had one or two new jobs since March.

I haven't spent a lot of time searching through the job feed, (mostly because I still have a real issue with this stupid font), but when I type in my search words for jobs I want--it always returns no job matches your search. Months ago, that never happened.

Jobs are gone. I get a crazy high number of invitations and about 95 percent are bogus or want the moon for a couple of pennies. I am top rated with 100% and it is insulting to keep getting the invitations, some of which are coming from upwork job whatever they are.

The jobs are gone. Like many others, I spend very little time actively looking for new work here for a number of reasons; the clients are shady, the pay sucks and it is like trying to navigate a minefield. You never know what client may ruin your reputation and ultimately, ability to work here.

Community Guru
James S Member Since: Mar 20, 2015
8 of 9

I don't see necessary less jobs. What I do see is a lot of brand new clients with no payment verification posting projects. 

Community Guru
Santiago G Member Since: Mar 10, 2015
9 of 9

I been seeing multiple sides to this.

One day I see a whole bunch of new clients all over the spots I been sifting through a lot more lately. The next day, I see multiple good "appearing" clients mixed in there but I have doubts of being able to do the work. So I move on. No point in me applying for that. But it might work out well for someone else so I leave it alone. The next day I see good "appearing" clients mixed in but the pay is dismal at best (half or less, usually less, of what I been getting paid) and the rest are all new clients again. It's amazing how these posts highly indicate that they want "everything on a silver platter" and offer a less than worthless pay for it.

Let's not forget the "there's plenty of work available for the right candidate" posts. That's nice. The pay is still less than worthless so why bother?!!

So far, the mix n match marathon continues and this isn't going so well currently. I only applied for 1 job this month so far and even at that, I'm still considering it as a luck shot if anyone gets it. But it seemed to be about the only thing that caught my interest enough to apply to. No, the posts looking for "romance" and/or "erotica" writers don't really float my rock!! Smiley LOL But those certainly decorate the job posts!!

I know a lot of this depends on which categories anyone is looking in, but even when I sifted through multiple writing sections, page after page, it wasn't looking too promising lately.

Currently, I'm not seeing much of anything that tells me to try out new clients. Currently there's nothing to promote taking that chance. Most are vanishing acts anyway. So that's primarily a bust too.

No sign of anything for a Pro Writers Program like the Pro Customer Service Program and other programs. Even still, I haven't spotted any posts indicating how well or how bad the current programs are working for anyone in them.

Well, I'll keep trying for now but this is quite a mess. Good luck to the rest!!

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS