🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » licensing requirements for services
Page options
shivanandkaurav
Community Member

licensing requirements for services

Hello Moderators!!
I provide services such as "patent search" and "Patent drafting" for which no license is required.

License of patent agent is required for Patent filing as a legal representative of the inventor/applicant and for patent prosecution. I do not provide these services. But today I received a mail regarding the license requirement for the services that I provide.

I request a Moderator to help me in this situation.

Best Regards,
Shivanand
4 REPLIES 4
jr-translation
Community Member

Shivanand K wrote:
Hello Moderators!!
I provide services such as "patent search" and "Patent drafting" for which no license is required.

License of patent agent is required for Patent filing as a legal representative of the inventor/applicant and for patent prosecution. I do not provide these services. But today I received a mail regarding the license requirement for the services that I provide.

I request a Moderator to help me in this situation.

Best Regards,
Shivanand

Sounds like someone reported you base on this thread. Just reply with the information.

I would be glad just to get all the "translators" removed that have been caught selling machine translation.

Thanks Jennifer, have done that. But didn't get any response.
No certification or licensing is required for Patent search or patent drafting.
It is required for Patent filing or during prosecution on behalf of a client, when someone (agent or attorney) work as a legal representative of that client, which no one can do even if they want.
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Shivanand,

It looks like you’re communicating with our team regarding this case on your existing ticket. Please allow time for our team to respond and update the ticket. If you have any additional questions please post them on that ticket for further assistance.

Thank you for your patience!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Sure Bojan, thanks for your reply. Will communicate there.
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members