Highlighted
Anna D Member Since: May 2, 2016
1 of 6

why i have no money in progress if i have one job active in proposals

Highlighted
Community Guru
Kamaludin M Member Since: Aug 22, 2015
2 of 6

It seems you are being interviewed but you are not offered a contract yet, if you have an active contract (which can be found under 'my jobs' tab) it should have been in progress.

Also never start working unless you have an active contract with a funded milestone.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Craig A Member Since: Jan 18, 2016
3 of 6

Hi Anna

If it is listed in proposals, it is not a contract and you have not yet been hired for the job. 

Once you you are hired, and have a contract, it will be listed under My Jobs. 

You should not start working until you have a offered, and accepted, a contract. 

If you have, it's not the end of the world. Just don't submit any work until you have the contract in place or you will not get paid. 

Highlighted
Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
4 of 6

Hi Anna,

Thank you for your question. Unfortunately, you're not yet hired for the job you completed. 

If you go to Find Work > Job Applications you will be able to check whether any of your applications were accepted. Applications you see in the "Active Candidacies" section have been accepted and the client would like to discuss the job further or have an interview with you, but that doesn't mean the job is awarded to you.

Don't start working without an active contract, which would show in your "My Jobs" tab. You can find more details here.

Ask your client to award you the job, so they will be able to process the payment for the work you have already delivered, and fund new Milestones for future tasks. If your client needs assistance in doing this, ask them to contact Customer Support and our team will guide them through the process.

If you client doesn't respond, please take screenshots of your communication and share them with Customer Support.

Before submitting any new proposals, I strongly advise you to read the Help articles from the Getting Started as a Freelancer section and our "A Freelancer's Guide to Upwork". Please also check our educational videos and best practice advice shared by other users:

Freelancer Tutorial Videos

Want to get that first job? Then check this out...

Proposal Workshop Video

To help you work safely on Upwork, please have a look at tips and warning signs shared in this thread.

Let us know if you have any further questions.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
5 of 6

Anna:

Don't fret too much about this. It's a pretty common rookie mistake.

The good news is that after working on this project for free, because an unscrupulous client tricked you and took advantage of your naivete, you probably won't make the same mistake again.

It is possible that the client was not trying to trick you and was perhaps also ignorant of how Upwork works. So it can't hurt to ask the client to send you an official "hire" offer so that payment can be processed.

If the client does so, you will be paid. But if the client doesn't do that, there is nothing you will be able to do about it. Just don't do any more work for that client.

Embrace the lesson, move on, look forward, and enjoy future success on Upwork.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Evelina H Member Since: Jan 29, 2015
6 of 6

Anna, is your profile for real?

What is this 'Life needed'? Is this what you offer the client? Or what you want from the client?

Why do you talk about you being unemployed for the past three years??! This can have no other effect but bad!

Also, why does the client care that your diploma work was pleasant??

You added only one skill - Typing. Is this the only thing you're good at? You don't have any other skills?

Your English test is 'Below Average'. I'd advise you to hide it until you can retake it again. Do so until you get at least 'Above average' result!

And with this 'I have taught pupil grammer, writting skills...' You definitely can't make anyone believe that you taught proper English grammar in school.

So, either your profile is a joke, or you seriously need to spend time on improving it.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS