🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » local bank payment
Page options
vintart
Community Member

local bank payment

Hello, I am new to upwork,

I just got my first payment, but I have an issue with payment options.I am from Montenegro, and we can only pay via paypal not received payments. The payoneer does not work. Only option is to my local bank, but I don't understand exactly how this works.

On one page it says the fee is 0.99$ on the other it says it is 30$ per transaction. I have only earned 50$ so you can understand how that does not work for me.

So I need to know is it 0.99$ or 30$?

If it is 30$ can I wait to earn more money before I make a withdrawal?

Do I need to make a special account in my bank to receive payments?

I tried to contact customer support, but when I click  "get help" button nothing happens...

I will send screenshots of the pages that confuse me.

Thank you for your help.

3 REPLIES 3
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Andrija,

I would like to clarify that the withdrawal fee of 0.99 cents you`re referring to is for our Direct to Local Bank payment method.

The $30 withdrawal fee is for our Wire transfer method. To learn more about them, check out the guides I`ve linked here, and feel free to use the one that is the best fit for your needs. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran, thank you for replying,

I still have some issues with this... I can't find my country of Montenegro in direct to local bank payment link, and my previous question if  I have to use wire transfer, can I wait to earn more money before I make a withdrawal?
 If you cant help me with this could you please refer me to customer support?
Thank you for your time.

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Andrija,

Yes you can wait for some time and withdraw your funds once you have earned more. Please keep in mind that Upwork can't hold your funds for more than 180 days.

To view in what countries our Direct to Local Bank is available, check out our list Here. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths