cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

< 24 hour response time affected unexpectedly

Highlighted
Sheikh A Member Since: Jan 4, 2017
1 of 7

Few days ago I received a job invitation. After 2-3 hours I tried to response but there was no option to withdraw to accept. Because the job wasn't not available anymore, maybe client removed that post.
But it affected my response time...
Is it a bug of Upwork?

Community Leader
Hieu T Member Since: Aug 11, 2017
2 of 7

Happened to me as well.

Hieu Tran

Vietnamese translator
Frequent Visitor
Kerri M Member Since: Oct 2, 2017
3 of 7

Same thing happened to me. The help topic on it says that we aren't supposed to be penalized if the job is closed before we even have a chance to reply, but I still got dinged (and since I haven't had a lot of invitations, the green bar makes it look at a glance like I make a habit of blowing off potential clients). Has anyone resolved this? I've been trying to find a way to send Upwork support an email or something, but no luck yet.

Community Manager
Valeria K Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
4 of 7

Hi Kerri,

Response Time hasn't been calculated for your account yet and isn't showing on your profile. The Communication stats on your My Stats page can only be viewed by you and aren't displayed to clients who view your profile. If the job was closed in less than 24 hours after the invite was sent, it's not going to affect your future Response time.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Ace Contributor
Stanislav I Member Since: Feb 16, 2017
5 of 7

Same thing happened to me as well. Invitation for a job interview was received and by the time I've logged and tried to respond the job was closed. The result was responsiveness rate drop (so far visible only in My Stats).

Since the rate actually drop no matter if is visible only for us I assume that is taken into calculation.

Avery O Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
6 of 7

Hi Stanislav,

If you don't reply to an invitation that was closed or withdrawn in less than 24-hours after it was sent, it's not going to count against your Response Time which shows on your public profile. Have you noticed if the response rate adjusted after 24-hours?

-Avery
Frequent Visitor
Strahinja S Member Since: Oct 8, 2017
7 of 7

It hapened to me few times and it's visible on my profile.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
User Accepted Solutions Count
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS