Did you mean: 

messages were seen

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
21 of 30

@Vesna M wrote:

@Tiffany S wrote:

Vesna, can you explain

If I notice this is a common occurence (10 in a row or more) where I respond to client, and he/she doesn't see my response, although he's green (online), my conclusion would be there's something broken with the system. 

Lack of response is not evidence of the client not having seen the message. It is only evidence of the client not having responded.

Community Guru
Vesna M Member Since: May 15, 2012
22 of 30

@Petra R wrote:

Lack of response is not evidence of the client not having seen the message. It is only evidence of the client not having responded.

No, it's not an evidence that a specific client hasn't seen the message. But if I have 40 or 60 or more clients who are green (online) and don't respond it's pretty probable something isn't working right well.

23 of 30

Like I said, I knew something was odd, and why I so rarely get response after invite has been sent and I responded. Client sends me a message and tells me he doesn't see my response. See this picture.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

24 of 30

Hi Vesna,

I checked the Messages and they look the same on both, your end and the client's end. We aren't aware of any issues with Messages not being delivered. The client may have not sent the message originally.

~Nina
Community Guru
25 of 30

He obviously didn't see my reply to him, as well, and instead he repeated the question. My answer was supposed to be there the whole time, because I responded immediately after I received his invitation.

26 of 30

Before your post was edited Vesna, I saw the screenshot and I believe what the client said is that he couldn't see *his* reply and thought he might not have sent it properly. The specific sentence you highlighted was referring to his message, not yours, I'm fairly sure.

Community Guru
27 of 30

Yes. Correct. He didn't see his message.

His message was invite. He was unsure did I get it. I replied to him immediately so he was supposed to see it right there.

He sent invite at 6:25. I responded the very same minute.

Two hours later I get from him:

"I am not sure if you already got my message", and asking the same question I already replied to.

28 of 30

Hi Vesna, 

I checked your messages and it looks like your client did receive the message you sent, and has confirmed seeing the message you sent.

If you have other information that you can share with us about this experience, we'll look into it further. 

-Avery
Untitled
Community Guru
29 of 30

Yeah, he confirmed it later. Still, why was he unsure did I get his message, two hours after my reply. Where was my message at that time? How was he unsure if it was sitting there just above?

I know I'm annoying. I'm sorry for this. It's just not the first time there's a glitch in messages room.

30 of 30

I'm also not sure why the client was unable to see your messages, Vesna. But, I suspect that since he invited you, was unsure if the invite went through, but saw that you were already on his Messages page. 

If in the future you suspect that the client is not receiving your messages, you can ask any of the moderators to check. Of course we will not be able to confirm if the client has read it or not. Smiley Happy 

-Avery
Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS