cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

milestone question.

jeisselflores
Jeissel Denise F Member Since: Apr 12, 2014
1 of 6
Okay so someone offered me a job without conducting an interview saying that I already posses the skills that they need. It is a transcription that says $20 per audio hour and almost all applicants will be accepted. It's an hourly job so I applied to it and then the offer has this milestone offering $45. So can anybody explain me what is this milestone? Am I still protected from being scammed? Is this still an hourly job? Thank you so much Smiley Happy
rpmacrohon
Community Guru
Reynaldo M Member Since: Aug 4, 2012
2 of 6
How did you came up the idea its an hourly job? $20 per audio hour is not an hourly job. Are you even familiar with Transcription work? Its a Fix Priced project. I strongly suggest read through oDesk Policies and everything on how oDesk works. Scammed? maybe, maybe not.
jeisselflores
3 of 6
What I mean by hourly job is that he posted the contract in the category of hourly jobs and not fixed priced jobs.
rpmacrohon
Community Guru
Reynaldo M Member Since: Aug 4, 2012
4 of 6
Milestone is for Fix Priced Projects, which is totally different from hourly. Either your client made a mistake in the contract he sent you or you got confused in understanding the job post. The way I understand your post is that you got the idea that the job post is hourly is because of the $20 per audio hour. Nevertheless, you can't combine hourly and fixed priced.
jeisselflores
5 of 6
Okay, I got it. I know the that hourly job is different from audio hour. Smiley Happy Thank you for helping! Smiley Happy
jeisselflores
6 of 6
How about this: $0.01 (Funded) for milestone 1 what does that mean?
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS