cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

minimum hourly rate, Very Very BAD thing on oDesk

Community Guru
Marissa S Member Since: Feb 6, 2008
11 of 55
or simply put, clients are too busy managing their businesses to even care about the forums or any unsolicited advice they can find here Smiley Wink
matthew i Member Since: Dec 11, 2010
12 of 55
Please lady, 22 an hour..REALLY? For what you do? Is that what they in the ph? No way onlin*** . ph Stop trying to rip people off charging nearly 5-6 times what you should get. You're praying on victims and our reachout to clients soon to train them will soon shed light on all of this.
Community Guru
Marissa S Member Since: Feb 6, 2008
13 of 55
Dear Odesk Admin -- this person is accusing me of ripping people off w/c is a clear violation of forum rule#6. Smiley Tongue
14 of 55
Hm, nothing is wrong with saying this. I suggest you read the forum rules. Charging someone 5 times what you should earn is considered....Yes, ripping people off. If you're electric company charged you 5 times the amount that would be illegal. Just because your in the .ph doesn't mean you somehow have a high cost of living and should get paid an outlandish rate.
15 of 55
Not sure what you're talking about. Cost of living determines salaries. No you can't change that. Yes we're about to spend a whole lot of money to make sure clients understand this - game over.
Ace Contributor
Julie S Member Since: Mar 27, 2009
16 of 55
[quote=matthew i.]Not sure what you're talking about. Cost of living determines salaries. No you can't change that. Yes we're about to spend a whole lot of money to make sure clients understand this - game over.[/quote] Yes you do know what I am talking about: When America reduces the costs I have to pay for equipment, foreign exchange etc to trade, I can reduce my cost to work for an American employer (actually I am not yet convinced that that is a good thing). Who is paying for me to work for an American. You or Me? ...... Worldwide employee rates are not relevant unless you are paying for equipment etc. And I seriously doubt that you, Matthew, are.
Russell C Member Since: Jan 25, 2014
17 of 55
Matthew As a client I assume that you are involved in producing something. I assume that you are producing something for sale, with the intent of making profit. Based on your philosophy, I have to ask. When you bring your product to market, do you intend to charge less for it when selling it to someone with a standard of living that is below yours? Will your pricing structure be based on zip code in the US for example? How are you going to prevent fraud when someone sneaks into a "poor" zip code and orders your product?
18 of 55
Russel, Not sure how this is relevant to salaried professions. Obviously it's not relevant or even a comparison. I ask you could send that question to Samsung, Sony, Microsoft, etc etc. Salary's are set in stone(nearly)and heavy calculated by cost of living.
Ace Contributor
Julie S Member Since: Mar 27, 2009
19 of 55
[quote=matthew i.]Russel, Not sure how this is relevant to salaried professions. Obviously it's not relevant or even a comparison. I ask you could send that question to Samsung, Sony, Microsoft, etc etc. Salary's are set in stone(nearly)and heavy calculated by cost of living.[/quote] Again Matthew, if you can get out your calculator that would be awesome. -- truly.
20 of 55
Again Julie, what does your post have to do with this topic? Stop trying to change the subject, no you can't manipulate me.
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS