cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

minimum hourly rate, Very Very BAD thing on oDesk

matthew i Member Since: Dec 11, 2010
31 of 55
Discounts? What are you talking about? People actually hire you on here? You're rather playing dumb or don't know any better. I say you're full of **** and trying to protect your interests and charge outrageous rates.
Ace Contributor
Julie S Member Since: Mar 27, 2009
32 of 55
[quote=matthew i.]Discounts? What are you talking about? People actually hire you on here? You're rather playing dumb or don't know any better. I say you're full of **** and trying to protect your interests and charge outrageous rates.[/quote] Well to be honest Matthew, I am trying to get may "posts on the forum" to 123 -- it is such a 'magical number' don't you think? It is the kind of number you could be 'bludgeoned' over, don't you think......? Actually, if you check out the body damage on my oDesk profile, you will see that I have managed to get myself in this position before. Again, (without swearwords and with absolute politeness), I only ask that you get out your calculator........
Ace Contributor
33 of 55
[quote="posts on the forum" to 123 -- it is such a 'magical number' don't you think? It is the kind of number you could be 'bludgeoned' over, don't you think......?[/quote] Oh dear, I missed the '123' -- I will admit that my maths is not very good.
Ace Contributor
34 of 55
To add: If you are purposely trying to aggressively 'drive/push down' that is one thing (I am aware that it is a business model in some circles) but to pretend, when the maths is not even close to making sense....... come on. Matthew, truly, we (no matter what you call us) are not that brain dead.
Community Guru
Reynaldo M Member Since: Aug 4, 2012
35 of 55
Julie, His Math is simple, he is saying that If cost of living in my place is $1000 a month, it would be Immoral, Unethical and outright criminal for me to charge $4000 or more per month. Even if I have over 20 years experience, impeccable work history, wall full of citations and awards, outstanding work attitude and outstanding credentials. And those companies who are willing to pay my asking or provide me more are out of their mind.
36 of 55
Wrong -- you can't have your cake and eat it to. There are places that costs 50K per month rent here in NYC. Does that mean a business employing a web designer needs to pay them 200k per month? Salaries are already set in stone - you can't change them. Again, you don't live beyond your means. Your analogies don't make any sense either. You want to live in a better place? Advance your education to a profession that pays you the amount you need for that home.
Ace Contributor
37 of 55
[quote=matthew i.]Wrong -- you can't have your cake and eat it to. There are places that costs 50K per month rent here in NYC. Does that mean a business employing a web designer needs to pay them 200k per month? Salaries are already set in stone - you can't change them. Again, you don't live beyond your means. Your analogies don't make any sense either.[/quote] No, I hate to say this Matthew, but your definition of 'salary' is wrong (and yes, my language skills are better than my maths skills). Please, believe what you will, but hey......... "please put the 'u' back in every word you ever spell").
38 of 55
So the rest of the business world is "wrong" because a contractor on Odesk said so. Wow, you're in dreamland.
Ace Contributor
39 of 55
[quote=matthew i.]So the rest of the business world is "wrong" because a contractor on Odesk said so. Wow, you're in dreamland.[/quote] No Matthew. Salary = YOU (u) paying for my equipment (all of it). I have yet to see this happen.....? Keep talking, and would that be on a $1 an hour? I will give you 5 (stars) ***** to see that happen! ---Truly!
Community Guru
Marissa S Member Since: Feb 6, 2008
40 of 55
Rosetta stone? I guess, the only permanent thing in the world is change. You don't have the right to tell any of us how we should live within our means or how to live in a better place.. like some prophet from outer space (this rhymes).
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS