🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » mistakenly added my CARD NUMBER instead of AC...
Page options
d_malbas
Community Member

mistakenly added my CARD NUMBER instead of ACCOUNT NUMBER

I would like to seek some help with regards to my Upwork local bank account. I withdrew my funds yesterday August 7, 2020, but I didn't receive the funds yet. So today, I checked my local bank details and noticed that I've mistakenly added my CARD NUMBER instead of ACCOUNT NUMBER. Please enlighten me and help me with what to do next.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Diana,

Since your bank account number is not correct the funds should be returned to your Upwork account. If you haven't received them after 8 business days, feel free to follow up here and our team will assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Diana,

Since your bank account number is not correct the funds should be returned to your Upwork account. If you haven't received them after 8 business days, feel free to follow up here and our team will assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thanks for your reply!

petra_r
Community Member

Diana Marie M wrote:

I withdrew my funds yesterday August 7, 2020, but I didn't receive the funds yet. So today, I checked my local bank details and noticed that I've mistakenly added my CARD NUMBER instead of ACCOUNT NUMBER. Please enlighten me and help me with what to do next.

The money will eventually work its way back to your Upwork account, but this will take a week or two.

Change your bank account details on Upwork, so it doesn't happen again.

Other than that, there is nothing you need to (or can) do.

8a276066
Community Member

I have the same issue. I entered my ATM Card Number instead of Account Number and upwork already processed the payment. What will I do? Will I get my money back? Can anyone please help me?

Hi Julie Anne,

If the payment method you used is incorrect, the money will be refunded back to your Upwork account which usually takes from 7 to 10 days. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths