🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: mitake by client
Page options
raorehan733
Community Member

mitake by client

Hello, I have submitted work to my client in the interview chatbox, unfortunately, the client did not check the work & thought that I did not submit it. because the client was checking the message in another chatbox in which she awarded me the project. after that, the client closes the contract & requested a refund & leave bad private feedback. i was shocked i ask the reason for the refund & bad feedback to the client. then the client apologized to me. & & accepted her mistake. now I want to get payment & want to know that if this private feedback will affect my JSS? or is there any way for the client to edit orivate feedback. It was my 3d project Thank You

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Rehan R wrote:

Hello, I have submitted work to my client in the interview chatbox, 

Why didn't you submit the work properly using the "submit work for payment" function? Why do you say "mistake by client?" -  It wasn't the client's mistake. It was yours.

The client can pay you via a bonus, but the private feedback can't be changed. 

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
petra_r
Community Member

Rehan R wrote:

Hello, I have submitted work to my client in the interview chatbox, 

Why didn't you submit the work properly using the "submit work for payment" function? Why do you say "mistake by client?" -  It wasn't the client's mistake. It was yours.

The client can pay you via a bonus, but the private feedback can't be changed. 

**bleep** as a newbie I did not know about the "submit work for payment" 

can I manage my JSS if the same client rehires me for another project?

Rehan R wrote:

can I manage my JSS if the same client rehires me for another project?

It's the second project that's gone wrong....

Obviously more positive outcomes will help, but you really want to take your time to figure out how things work. 

raorehan733
Community Member

Hi there, same happened to me, a client requested a refund by mistake, & it affected my JSS a lot I know that, can Upwork help me to manage my JSS? as the work was completed successfully. the client was also happy. It was my 3d project & I dropped my JSS I will be very thankful to you if you can help.

Rehan R wrote:

Hi there, same happened to me, a client requested a refund by mistake, & it affected my JSS a lot 

What do you mean? How did the client "request a refund" by mistake? A refund does not affect the JSS, poor (private) feedback does.

The client also did not request a refund by mistake That is untrue. Yu failed to properly submit the work to the client and that led to your client missing her deadline. Any poor feedback will have been well deserved. (you sent the work in an interview thread, where the client wouldn't have looked) rather than using the "submit" function. 

Rehan R wrote:

I know that can Upwork help me to manage my JSS

No, Upwork can't do anything about that. Why are you bringing this up again? It's been answered fully last time you asked less than a week ago???? Also, you don't even HAVE a JSS yet. 

I found out about JSS through job preferences. I'm scared and depressed that if it turns out, I might not be able to get jobs.

I apologize for posting again a friend referred me to get help about JSS from Upwork, I was just want to know that if it will possible or not now the point is clear to me Thank You.

raorehan733
Community Member

Hi There,

I want to know that how much job success scores will increase after one positive private feedback. thanks in advance

Rehan R wrote:

Hi There,

I want to know that how much job success scores will increase after one positive private feedback. thanks in advance

You don't even have a JSS and it depends on way too many things, mainly on how many contracts there are in total, what they were worth (higher value contracts count more heavily) and how low or high your JSS was before.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths