shardae45

modern day slavery and payoneer payment plan

Majority of these clients underpay us, literally I work more than 8 hours a day and yet I dont even make 10 u.s a day, on top of that when I do get my pay and I need it to transfer to my payoneer card odesk takes it's fee, payoneer takes it's fee just to transfer the payment not only that payoneer took more than have of my pay saying they took an annual fee.Honestly odesk needs to get another payment plan like western union or money gram something. anything and what's with the modern day slavery like seriously we are underpayed.
12 REPLIES 12
bronnyslav

No offense meant, but considering your skillset and hourly rate, I'm surprised that you can earn something. Maybe it's time to learn to do something actually worthwhile?
jbampton

Engineering is one of the highest paid occupations in Australia. I know some engineers that are on $200 per hour here. Focus on your strengths. You already did a job at $3 per hour so at least move your rate to $3. The sky is the limit! Think long term. For example my first oDesk job was at $5.56, now look at my rates. Aim to build a reputation using many websites. I am using about 10 websites now. Spend at least one hour per day learning something new, so that you can offer a greater range of services in the future. Good luck and happy bidding.

Thanks for the comment guys I will definitely work on my skills.

You are getting paid next to nothing because you are taking jobs anyone can do. Why don't you apply for CAD jobs or other jobs that require advanced skills?
g_nembhard

Shardae, You set the rate. Freelancing is basically like running your own business. If you don't like the rate that you receive then raise it. You make the choice whether to accept a job or not. A lot of us started at a lower rate and then as we gained experience on the site, little by little we raised it.
cameronjoseph

[quote]modern day slavery[/quote] That was your choice.

Willie Nelson - On the Road Again https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TD_pSeNelU combined with -> Motorcycle - As The Rush Comes (Official Music Video) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9oBRgXtyKeE
ejancorda

Most of the clients are ** so choose them wisely. Perhaps it would be better to leave oDesk and work on other sites like Elance. * Removed by admin

No most clients are not p*****. You set your own rates. I have many ongoing clients that are great. If you don't like the price a project is offering, don't apply. It's that simple. FYI, I do a lot better here on oDesk than I do on Elance.
"Fairness is giving all people the treatment they earn and deserve. It doesn't mean treating everyone alike-Coach John Wooden"

[quote=Katrina Beaver]No most clients are not p*****. You set your own rates. I have many ongoing clients that are great. If you don't like the price a project is offering, don't apply. It's that simple. .[/quote]

Emilia I saw your profile it is awwwwwsomeee!!!! What software did you use to make the cards on your profile??

Emilia, why do you have design samples in your profile but not mention design in your profile title or overview? Your portfolio is fantastic, but it does not make sense that it has nothing to do with the rest of your profile.