cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: money not supposed to be paid

Community Guru
Tonya P Member Since: Nov 26, 2015
11 of 18

Could the client have just initiated the weekly salary on February 4? 

OP, a "salary" payment is one that is made automatically each week regardless of whether you record billable hours or not. So, it would normally appear even if you had not done any work.

The mystery here is why it appeared on February 4. Was that the first week of your contract with the client?

If so, the salary was charged to the client pursuant to the contract he created and may have not been charged subsequently because the contract was paused. 

Ace Contributor
Paul M Member Since: Feb 25, 2018
12 of 18

Tonya, I have had no contact with client since his last message Jan 4. He has not replied to any of MY messages since. I don't know what he might have done, but I do kbnow Upwork suspended the contract a while ago, which is still the status, so I canot understand why I got more money. I wrote client asking him on more than one occassion to end the contract. No response.

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
13 of 18

Paul M wrote:

Tonya, I have had no contact with client since his last message Jan 4.

So why don't you close the contract?

Ace Contributor
14 of 18

cause it has been suspendedd by Upwork. If closing it will stop the nonsense, sure.

Ace Contributor
15 of 18

PLEASE help. Now Upwork informs me that the suspended contract has been reinstituted and I can start collecting hourly pay. I DON'T WANT THE MONEY. I'M NOT WORKING FOR THIS PERSON. I cannot cancel the contract because I cannot locate the way to do so.

Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
16 of 18

umm so just close the contract? bro, it's a pretty easy fix.

Highlighted
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
BEST ANSWER
17 of 18

Hi Paul,

You can open the contract for the "My Jobs" tab or the notification section > Click the Three Dots > Click End Contract. Thank you.

Untitled
Ace Contributor
18 of 18

Thank you immensely for the clear directions, Goran V.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS