🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » multiple account on one same Laptop
Page options
mrsingh260991
Community Member

multiple account on one same Laptop

Hi Upwork Team ,

I have a one laptop .. i am working on Upwork at this laptop as well . now my wife and my brother wants to work on Upwork also .
So my question is that ,,
1. Can I make the multiple account on one same Laptop?
2. And If yes , Then Can i open the all acount in one same laptop .. just for staying show online to buyers...
for exp . my account is open in chrome ,my wife's account is open in mozila , and my brother's account is open in other browser .....

Please let me know.. Can i do this or not ,....
if not then how can i do this ...
because they are really wants to work on Upwork,

Thanks And Regards ,
Davinder Singh

15 REPLIES 15
a_lipsey
Community Member

Davinder S wrote:

Hi Upwork Team ,

I have a one laptop .. i am working on Upwork at this laptop as well . now my wife and my brother wants to work on Upwork also .
So my question is that ,,
1. Can I make the multiple account on one same Laptop?
2. And If yes , Then Can i open the all acount in one same laptop .. just for staying show online to buyers...
for exp . my account is open in chrome ,my wife's account is open in mozila , and my brother's account is open in other browser .....

Please let me know.. Can i do this or not ,....
if not then how can i do this ...
because they are really wants to work on Upwork,

Thanks And Regards ,
Davinder Singh

How are you planning to share a laptop between three of you to complete work? 

LuiggiR

Hi Davinder,

There is no problem with sharing your laptop with your wife and brother. However, you will not be able to work on the same laptop at the same time. As a reminder, you should not share your login information and accounts with any relatives, as this is a serious violation of the Upwork Terms of Service. If the team finds any red flags, they'll reach out.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
mubahsar
Community Member

Hey Upwork Team,
I have a question, I want to exchange my laptop permanently with my friend and we both are using Upwork accounts. So he would login to Upwork on his own Gmail in my system and again i will never use that device and I will use his device and will login into my Gmail account and will never use my old device and will use his device. Mean to say after exchanging laptops we will use our profiles on them permanently.

Thanks

filip_knezevic
Community Member

This just feels wrong for many reasons.

martina_plaschka
Community Member

3 people on one laptop? Sounds like a recipe for disaster. On so many levels. 

Upwork has frequently said that it's OK for freelancers to share a laptop, as long as only one of them is logged in at a time.

Davinder raises a possibility that I haven't seen mentioned before--each freelancer using a different browser. I'm not sure about this, but I think each browser could remain logged in to a different account, so the computer could be logged in to all 3 accounts at the same time. Would that be a problem? Or maybe it would be an advantage, as sticking to different browsers would stop them accidentally using each other's accounts.

Anyway, Davinder, if you want to do hourly jobs and use the time tracker, you would have to use the Upwork app, and not just use browsers. I think the best thing would be for each freelancer to use a different Windows user account with their own Windows login.

Even if three accounts coexist on the same PC, you could only log time for one at a given time. 

Meaning, if you and your wife both have one job each, you would need to take turns.

Richard W wrote:

Upwork has frequently said that it's OK for freelancers to share a laptop, as long as only one of them is logged in at a time.

Davinder raises a possibility that I haven't seen mentioned before--each freelancer using a different browser. I'm not sure about this, but I think each browser could remain logged in to a different account, so the computer could be logged in to all 3 accounts at the same time. Would that be a problem? Or maybe it would be an advantage, as sticking to different browsers would stop them accidentally using each other's accounts.

Anyway, Davinder, if you want to do hourly jobs and use the time tracker, you would have to use the Upwork app, and not just use browsers. I think the best thing would be for each freelancer to use a different Windows user account with their own Windows login.

I want to see them scramble for room in front of that poor laptop when they all have their profiles open at the same time. 

Besides the obvious thing here we all can't mention, probably best to never share a laptop even when it really *is* legit. Too many things can happen.

a_lipsey
Community Member

My point is: what are you going to do when you all three have deadlines and all three need to use the time tracker to log hours?  ALSO, seems highly suspicious , to me, of one person trying to run three accounts.  That could raise red flags to Upwork. So I would be careful about this.  

Hopefully they will get another device. 😞

For start, let them all have a job each at the same time 🙂

I think it's their problem you need not to bother them!!
consultcrew
Community Member

Interesting replies!

Maybe they will innovate a seat that allows the three to sit horizontally, or vertically, in front of the laptop. But never mind this. The question is simple: is it allowed or not? If it is allowed, it is allowed, period.

By the way, it is not very easy to get many jobs for new freelancers. By the time they all have enough jobs, they can buy additional laptops.

Good luck Davinder S & Family

6e38530f
Community Member

hi all i advise you a better story if the skills are the same then you can work from one profile no you can add their skills to your profile and work time from the same profile something like this

Serdar H wrote:

hi all i advise you a better story if the skills are the same then you can work from one profile no you can add their skills to your profile and work time from the same profile something like this

No, you cannot.
Only one person works from their account. There is no account sharing.

Multiple people working using the same machine is allowed.
Though, as others pointed out, unless you have "a seat that allows the three to sit horizontally, or vertically, in front of the laptop", it's tough.

In case you were joking, apologies Serdar.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths