cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

my account is under review

Highlighted
MD. Abdullah A Member Since: Jan 22, 2014
1 of 49
i received a mail that my account is under review...is that harmful for my account? i mean, my account will be banned? is there anyone faced this problem? please, help me...i'm really really upset.
Ann-Marie W Member Since: May 14, 2014
2 of 49
I received a similar email recently stating that my account is under review due to the unusually high number of client disputes and negative feedback. Since I have never been involved in any client dispute or ever received a negative feedback, this is quite puzzling to me. Has anyone else ever experienced this setback? If so, how did it work out?
Community Guru
Gillian Michele N Member Since: Mar 15, 2012
3 of 49
That's really strange.
Andrey I Member Since: Oct 7, 2006
4 of 49
It seems oDesk recently "improved" their quality process with some automatic metrics.
Patrick D Member Since: Mar 7, 2012
5 of 49
Hi Anne, were they able to review your account already? Can you apply now to other jobs? My wife has the same issue with odesk. she can work with existing projects but she can no longer apply to new ones
Olivier P Member Since: Dec 28, 2011
6 of 49
i got the same message too, is Odesk going nuts ?, i even flagged a job where they wanted me to work outside Odesk, and now i get reviewed because of a poorly programmed routine !!??
Emil H Member Since: Feb 19, 2011
7 of 49
Yes I have just two days ago. What is even very strange is the fact that they are stating in their email that; "While you may have performed well on one contract for a period of time, a host of other factors were considered from the duration of your membership in oDesk for this account review" I am absolutely baffled. How can they make an assessment like that when for all my all 34 jobs on oDesk so far I received 5 stars? What is going on?
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
8 of 49
Hi all, Freelancer accounts are reviewed periodically by our Trust and Safety team. If your account is under review, please complete your open jobs to the very best of your ability. You may request a final review of your account two weeks after your last contract is closed. Public feedback and the number of disputes is just one of many factors our Team evaluates. We also look at other client concerns, along with a freelancer's entire history on oDesk. If you have any additional questions about the status of your individual account, please contact Customer Support. Thank you!
~ Valeria
Untitled
Emil H Member Since: Feb 19, 2011
9 of 49
But Valeria "Public feedback and the number of disputes is just one of many factors our Team evaluates. We also look at other client concerns, along with a freelancer's entire history on oDesk." That doesn't stand on my case. I had no disputes ever and for all my all 34 jobs on oDesk so far (less one) I received 5 stars? Can you give a strait answer not just the same tape odesk send to susspended accounts PLEASE
Community Manager
Garnor M Community Manager Member Since: Oct 29, 2014
10 of 49
Hi Emil, We can't give specifics on your account here on the forums. That said, in response to your question, in addition to Feedback and disputes we also look at job cancellations, private feedback and other aspects of your performance and adherence to our policies and guidelines.
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS