Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

my account is under review

emilhuston
Ace Contributor
Emil H Member Since: Feb 19, 2011
11 of 49
Garnor, I am not sure if I understand. What job cancellation means? Is it a job offer turned down by a freelancer, or is a job application withdrawn after a period of time (2 to 6 days) just to make room for applying to other jobs? If that the case I don't see any wrong doing in withdrawal from a job application. I am not sure what the term "private feedbacks" means. Please advise.
kochubei_valeria
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
12 of 49
Thank you for your question Emil, Upon ending a contract clients are asked to leave public feedback, which will be displayed on freelancer's profile, and private feedback, which is only viewed by oDesk. Job cancellation would be ending the contract without completing the job. Our Team will review the reasons for such cancellation though.
~ Valeria
Untitled
emilhuston
Ace Contributor
Emil H Member Since: Feb 19, 2011
13 of 49
Thank you for your answer Valeria, What if I closed a contract after completing a job? In my case a client from Australia informed me that he cannot afford to continue his project and that he was moving it in house. I emailed him several times asking to close the job. He never responded for whatever reasons. After 14 days, I thanked him, I ended the contract on my side, and gave him maximum feedback stars 5. Was that a bad thing on my part? Emil Huston
cdinkel
Cher S Member Since: Dec 15, 2008
14 of 49
[quote=Garnor M.]Hi Emil, We can't give specifics on your account here on the forums. That said, in response to your question, in addition to Feedback and disputes we also look at job cancellations, private feedback and other aspects of your performance and adherence to our policies and guidelines.[/quote] You cant even give specifics when someone calls. So what is the point? You have a flawed system.
rahatur
Community Guru
Md Rahatur R Member Since: Apr 17, 2013
15 of 49
[quote=Valeria Kochubei]Hi all, Freelancer accounts are reviewed periodically by our Trust and Safety team. If your account is under review, please complete your open jobs to the very best of your ability. You may request a final review of your account two weeks after your last contract is closed. Public feedback and the number of disputes is just one of many factors our Team evaluates. We also look at other client concerns, along with a freelancer's entire history on oDesk. If you have any additional questions about the status of your individual account, please contact Customer Support. Thank you![/quote] So you are asking the freelancers to complete the present jobs and then you review the account?! What if the freelancer had lets say 4.95 rating previously and for the last two jobs the rating was lets say 3 stars for some reasons. Then when you review are you decide based the the recent feedback? Why would you ignore the past feedbacks?
cdinkel
Cher S Member Since: Dec 15, 2008
16 of 49
They don't help you! Nor do they tell you what the actual problem is. Live chat is useless and telephone calls are just as bad. This is like going to pre school and being put in time out for no reason. Pathetic!
vartikagupta
Vartika G Member Since: Apr 28, 2016
17 of 49

I have started applying to the jobs from yesterday but not able to submit as the profile is under review. Could you please suggest approximate time by which the profile will be reviewed.

Thanks

vladag
Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
18 of 49

Hi Vartika,

You need to complete your profile in order for our team to review it. Please follow the instructions and provide all the information required to set up your account and profile.

pandoraharper
Community Guru
Pandora H Member Since: May 11, 2010
19 of 49
I set up an agency last week, and HOURS after inviting a freelancer whose work I like, her account got flagged for review. She's done nothing wrong, and support is just closing all her support tickets related to this, without actually reading the ticket text that I've told her to write. She's not been on Odesk that long, and has been working on a transcription fixed price job with a great client for the last few weeks. Odesk support is asking her to do things that are simply impossible, which puts this freeelancer in a very difficult position. Any advice?
katrinabeaver
Community Guru
Katrina B Member Since: Jan 9, 2011
20 of 49
All I can say is she has to follow oDesk's instructions to be able to get her account straightened out which from everything I read is to finish all projects, and then wait two weeks for the review. I know you say she has done nothing wrong and it's great you support your freelancer, but these reviews stem from perhaps client complaints, disputes and taking work off the oDesk platform. They are not just picking on people, but they may see some of these cues in the accounts in question. I know it's frustrating, but all she can do is follow up with CS and follow the steps to remedy the situation.
"Fairness is giving all people the treatment they earn and deserve. It doesn't mean treating everyone alike-Coach John Wooden"
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS