cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

my account is under review

nafais1994
Shafras N Member Since: Nov 2, 2013
21 of 49
I received the same mail saying that my account is under review and that I may not be able to apply to any new jobs. I don't have any dispute, bad feedback or any complaint from any client regarding my work. I have three open jobs and I finished their work but still they keep my contract open so that they can give me a job at anytime they want. So, I am waiting for the client to close the contract and that I say is safe. But, because of this issue I tried to contact my clients in order to close all these existing contract. I contacted customer support but I didn't receive any positive reply and in fact no reply. I am afraid that this will quite me from odesk.
hnavarra
Hans Christian N Member Since: Aug 7, 2008
22 of 49
Same issue here. They said; "unusually high number of disputes, client concerns, poor feedback, or evidence of moving work off the platform", Trouble is. I have been working with only one client for a year already, of which he has given me excellent feedback consistently. I log in to my odesk team to work etc etc. I think Odesk is using a really faulty automated system. Finishing a job and waiting two weeks is absurd. They should review this right now and clear the contractor. Unfortunately, they don't want to give any specifics on how the problem was determined.
garnorm
Community Guru
Garnor M Member Since: Oct 29, 2014
23 of 49
Hi Hans, If you have a long-term client you're working with, we want you to continue that relationship and we can take a look at your review. Please email accountreview@odesk.com, noting the long-term jobs or paused contracts you currently have so we can review your account.
emilhuston
Ace Contributor
Emil H Member Since: Feb 19, 2011
24 of 49
Garnor can you give an explanation? Why was her account under review since it seem for you that she did not do anything wrong, and you advise her to "to continue that relationship" and to "email accountreview@odesk.com". Is this a glitch in your account reviewing software? Too many people in this forum are complaining of this out of the blue reviewing process.
garnorm
Community Guru
Garnor M Member Since: Oct 29, 2014
25 of 49
Hi Emil, No, this isn't a 'glitch' in our review process. Long-term jobs are accounted for in our system review, but we want to be sure we address each case specifically and thus ask for the direct message into our appeals team.
cdinkel
Cher S Member Since: Dec 15, 2008
26 of 49
Seriously! This is a joke and the system is flawed and the review people have no business working in this department! I will be contacting the NEW CEO of this COMPANY! I Suggest others do exactly the same!
thelastpoly
Pavo P Member Since: Feb 20, 2015
27 of 49

Hi Garnor,

I've had the same experience like Emil - and it does seem like you have a glitch in your system. The glitch here is really the customer support that you are referring the people to.

It is handled poorly - and I'm not trying to be offensive. I literally had 5 people assist me the first time it got under review a month ago. I figured - it's a new feature they implemented - I'm okay with waiting 2 weeks. It was a horrible experience.

The knowledge they demonstrated on the subject was sub-par. Assigning 5 random representatives to one case is really a disaster as it looks, feels and smells random. Their English was no better than my German, and I can hardly speak German.

I went through that - thinking it was over but to my surprise - my account got suspended again 2 weeks later.

Nothing has changed since the last time they reviewed it. Mind you - I had no active projects for a year so the reasons for the review might "fly" and apply the first time - but they sure cannot apply the second time as it's been 2 weeks and no projects.

This is actually very funny now when I look at it.

The automatic reviews that you are placing on accounts should be improved and the staff should be trained.

And here is why:

The rep I was assigned to just yesterday sent 2 contradicting emails as for the reasons for the review of my account. Within 2 hours I received 2 replies that made no sense whatsoever. The customer representative was kind enough to question my integrity, intelligence, identity, professional level and has basically confirmed that feedback is worth 0 points. (Mind you - Ir've been working for 2 years on oDesk, have 1.5k hours and 5 star feedback).

Why keep feedback when your customer support says clients can't trust it?

Shouldn't the clients know who they are working with? Apparently ALL of my clients gave me 5 start feedback because I am not trustworthy, deceitful, disrespectful, not professional (enough for the oDesk network) and because ultimately - I stole their money for the work that I have done and not completed.

It really is disgraceful to see how this is handled. I hope you understand where this frustration is coming from.

Respectfully,

P

cdinkel
Cher S Member Since: Dec 15, 2008
28 of 49
I am glad to see it isn't just me. There is no one in the support group that will give you straight answers. I have been on here since 2008. Haven't worked on a contract for 2 years. And I am under review. One support person told me to work on a project that the client has had suspended, they suspended the project as they ran out of money. The robotic answers from anyone that works for Odesk is a joke. They have no idea what they are doing, at to me it looks like they want more people to leave. There are also many jobs that are posted that are so full of fraud, it injures the new people. I have no actions I can take to resolve what ever their problem is as they can't tell me what the problem is. My account went under review after i reported a client for stalking me and actually harming my other contracts in 2012. They did nothing to help resolve the issues. The feedback was left in malice not at all justified. I actually took my computer into the police department to show what was happening. He even tried to move me to Elance to then fix my feedback and Odesk did nothing. The police managed to figure out who he was and so on. But wow is all I can say! There is a flaw in this system. And it is obvious that Odesk wants fewer contractors working for them.
emilhuston
Ace Contributor
Emil H Member Since: Feb 19, 2011
29 of 49
Cheryl, I wonder why oDesk wants fewer contractors working for them? Don't they loose profit? I suspect is a faulty (new) software at work. What is even stranger is that one of the emails I received stating that my oDesk account is under review was signed believed or not by accountreview@elance.com I have been an Elance member since 2013 and although I am applying every month within my "connects" allowance, I got 0 jobs so far. Why would they review my oDesk account? GO FIGURE!
rahatur
Community Guru
Md Rahatur R Member Since: Apr 17, 2013
30 of 49
Damn! That is one of the factors then! Those who got their account already suspended are the unlucky ones unfortunately.
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS