Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

my account is under review

prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
41 of 49
Ken, yes, you wasted months of time sending job applications that were never seen because oDesk put your account under review.

Do not take it personally. This has happened to many, many other contractors.
sam-anderson
Sam A Member Since: Feb 21, 2015
42 of 49

I've had the same problem. After about 2-3 months of inactivity, I received a 'warning' from Customer Support that they had determined my performance to be what they said was "below average", and that I would need to pick up work and complete it successfully within the next 3 months or risk a suspension. oDesk is not my primary platform for finding clients so I've only done about 6-8 contracts here in my lifetime; all of my public feedback has been in the 4.5-5-star range except for one job that went poorly for both me and the client. Overall, my average was within spitting range of 4-stars.

The only contracts I have canceled are a single one where the client wentinactive for a very long period of time (6+ months) and cannot be contacted and did not end the contract themselves, and one where oDesk suspended a client I had just met with no explanation and no Customer Service representatives willing to tell either of us what had happened. 

I have had zero disputes on any contracts.

In handling the issue, oDesk's customer support team has been very disrespectful and seems to seldom read the actual messages I send them. They have done everything from attempt to read scripts to me to outright misinform and misdirect me, often referring me to other tickets that were marked as closed by the support team itself and telling me to resolve the dispute there. One representative made the (false) claim that all accounts undergo a probationary suspension review and that "I should not worry."

No one on the Support team has been willing to tell me precisely what criteria they have deemed insufficient and would like to see improve. 

Multiple representatives ordered me to work on oDesk within the next 3 months to "improve the quality of my work" despite being informed that I had multiple ongoing contracts with clients who were not met through, and do not work through oDesk. I told them I would be willing to cooperate and listen to their concerns but that ordering me to take work with oDesk is unreasonable when clients from other resources need me on jobs for them. The same line was fed to me over and over again: "Accept contracts on oDesk or you will be suspended and placed under review." 

Three months passed while I was working with these clients, and viola, I was placed "under review". Customer service told me to finish or close all existing contracts and contact their review team through e-mail; I closed two existing contracts and did just this. The "review team" member? Another customer support agent who did not read, and told me to go back to the existing ticket, despite the fact that the other customer support agent had told me to send an e-mail to their department.

This experience has been severely disappointing, and makes me regret ever having decided to try and work with oDesk in the past. Some of my most honest, small-business, and kindest clients have been hurt by poor administrative processes and poor customer support like this, and now I've been hurt by them too. Meanwhile, big-money clients who tried to demand free work through "Trial periods" and an entire job feed of mobile app plagarism fill my front page whenever I log in to check messages from Support. Is this really where your priorities lie? 

thelastpoly
Pavo P Member Since: Feb 20, 2015
43 of 49

I 2nd this.

Unfortunately Sam - I've been trying to pass on the same message, and guess what?
They removed the threads, inquiries and replies to other topics which basically prove the imcompetence of the customer service personell.

Let's see for how long your post will remain active.

Kind regards,

P

arifullimon
Md.Limon M Member Since: Mar 7, 2015
44 of 49

I received a message that Your oDesk account is under review on August 30, 2014.

After that I have completed 13 jobs. Now I am doing a long time job also.

For this reason, I could not complete my under review.

I have got my 'My Stats' on my odesk profile.

My Stats shows that Client satisfaction and Job success is 92% , feedback is 4.93. It will be a great help if you inform me that

Will it need to complete my under review since Client satisfaction and Job success is 92% now and if so how?

Please advise me.

Thanks,

Limon

kochubei_valeria
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
45 of 49

Hi Md. Limon,

Please, follow the instructions provided by the oDesk Support Team in the message you received earlier today.

Thank you!

~ Valeria
Untitled
tishabd99
Mysha I Member Since: Apr 9, 2015
46 of 49

I have currently opened a account on odesk.It's under reviewing.Wen it will be at normal state.I want to work soon

kochubei_valeria
47 of 49

Welcome to the oDesk Community, Mysha!

In order to have your profile approved, you will need to replace your current  profile picture with a clear photo of yourself. Also, you may need to edit your profile title and the overview.

~ Valeria
Untitled
izharulhaq1990
Izhar ul h Member Since: Apr 25, 2015
48 of 49

hi, from last two months, my account is still under review. how my account is approved. i request to upword team kindly approved my account. 

kochubei_valeria
49 of 49

Hi Izhar,

I have checked and your profile has already been approved. You should be able to apply for jobs on Upwork now.

Best of luck!

~ Valeria
Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS