🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » my client ask me to create additional account
Page options
komol104
Community Member

my client ask me to create additional account

my client ask me to create an additional account, as per his company name, my job is to hire for his company? is that process ok? or client should add a coworker on his profile , not mine?

Please help, cause here my payment information is given, 

7 REPLIES 7
ArjayM

Hi Akhteruzzaman,

Thank you for reaching out and reporting this here in the Community. We certainly understand how alarming this is for you. Could you please send me a PM with the link to the job post you're referring to? I'll take a closer look at that job and take action accordingly if necessary.

In the meantime, please note that real clients will never ask you to give them money to start working, cash a check for them, work for free, or provide your personal information. Additionally, sharing contact information before a contract has started is against Upwork's Terms of Service, and all communications prior to the contract starting must take place on Upwork. We also encourage you to let us know if you find anything suspicious has happened by using the Flag as Inappropriate option throughout the platform. You can learn more about user reporting here.

~ Arjay
Upwork
iwan-spillebeen
Community Member

While this may be alarming, given the benefit of the doubt, the client may not understand how UpWork works, you are not allowed to create a second freelance account, aside from that it wouldn't work anyway to hire other people.

The only way to do this is for the client to hire you under contract, then to give you a corporate email address and link that to his client account from which you can then post jobs and manage applicants.

Noone can share account, incl clients.

Agency option exist for this.

Iwan's advice is correct. Corporate clients regularly have multiple people accessing the Client account. That is normal. Clients do not have Agency accounts. Agents cannot create contracts between other Freelancers and their Client.

Nonsense, a client can hire you to manage their client account, that is not against the TOS, however, the client needs to provide you with the access credentials.  The agency option is to group freelancers, not to manage client accounts.

1.4.1 ToS. Client able to add Team Member but never should share account logon details.

Agency also can be used in that way: take job from client then delegate it to agency members.

Correct, don't share your log-in details, please read what I wrote before commenting, I said have the client set-up a corporate email for you so it can be linked to the client account.

And no I would not advise setting up a client or agency account on behalf of a client, that is for the client to set-up.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members