🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » my client cheated me
Page options
ashton_malvin
Community Member

my client cheated me

I finished the complete job she had asked me, and I sent it to her by chat, then she stopped the contract and took the document that I sent her and did not pay me, then I wrote her in the private chat and she did not has reconnected, she cheated me and I need Upwork to solve that scam.

7 REPLIES 7
petra_r
Community Member

Ashton Malvin H wrote:

I finished the complete job she had asked me, and I sent it to her by chat, then she stopped the contract and took the document that I sent her and did not pay me,

did you have a proper contract?

It isn't really possible for the client to "stop the contract and not pay you" just like that if you had a proper contract...

Presumably this is the $ 9 bonus the client never paid Upwork for.

There is nothing Upwork can do about that.

martina_plaschka
Community Member

Ashton Malvin H wrote:

I finished the complete job she had asked me, and I sent it to her by chat, then she stopped the contract and took the document that I sent her and did not pay me, then I wrote her in the private chat and she did not has reconnected, she cheated me and I need Upwork to solve that scam.

It is really simple to stay safe and get paid on upwork. You never work without a contract, and you never submit more work than the milestone covers. 

Please educate yourself on how this platform works and save yourself further grief. 

cmdcodemaster
Community Member

I think you work on without any contract, because if he stop the contract or pause it means you have a contract, it is impossible that you will not be paid. Check if job is protected by escrow payment.

my contract is paused 

If you want to be paid, make sure you have a valid contract. Then, submit work via the submit work button for a fixed price contract or record your hourly time using the time tracker for an hourly contract. Don't send your work to strangers over the internet without a system in place for being paid. 

Hi Ashton,

Thank you for sharing this with us and we're sorry to hear about your experience with your client. We have escalated your concern to the appropriate team and one of our representatives will reach out to you shortly. Let us know if you need anything else

~ Riri

"client cheated me"

means:

"freelancer did something wrong"

This is GOOD NEWS.

Because it means the freelancer can learn from his mistakes and avoid making the same mistake in the future.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members