Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

my client did not stop the timer

bumamba
Can Y Member Since: Oct 21, 2016
1 of 6

Hi there, 

I have compeled a job and I supposed to get paid hourly but my client did not end the working process so time is still ticking. Is there anything I can do about it? Because I do not want him to pay extra money and I also do not want to get underpaid. 

Any suggestions?

Thank you in advance,

Can

versailles
Community Guru
Rene K Member Since: Jul 10, 2014
2 of 6

Your client doesn't start nor stop the timer. You stop and start the timer.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
3 of 6

What a bizarre question. Can, you get credit for the novelty of this. But it really makes no sense to us.

It sounds like you did NOT download and use the Upwork time-tracker application for your desktop computer.

How did you come to think that a client would start and stop a timer for your work?

Were you thinking that when you are hired, and a contract starts, that it signifies the beginning of a time period that you get paid for, and when the client closes the contract, that ends the time period? Because that is the only theory I have for how this confusion may have occurred, and that is definitely now how things work.

mtngigi
Community Guru
Virginia F Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
4 of 6

"How did you come to think that a client would start and stop a timer for your work?"

Telekinesis maybe?

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
5 of 6

Can,

what exactly is happening?

Let's roll back a bit. You were hired on an hourly contract. You downloaded and set up the timer, correct?

Now the below is how you SHOULD work:

When ready to start working, you start the tracker, select the contract, and turn it on. It is supposed to run and track time while you are actively working, and when you are finished you must (obviously) turn if OFF!

tracker running.jpg

click on "View work diary" and check that all your screenshots have adequate activity and are all purely related to the work you were doing for the client. DELETE any that don't comply.

vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
6 of 6

Hi Can,

I've checked your Work Diary and see that you've already stopped the Team app but do need to delete a few screenshots that are not work related. Please follow these instructions in order to delete the segments in question and watch this video to learn how to use the Upwork Team App properly. Petra also shared a really good overview as well.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS