cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

my client does not pay

halil0202
Ibrahim H Member Since: Sep 8, 2016
1 of 13

he is from pakistan and said we have a holiday but he is always online, gave me the job yesterday,i finished in the same day but there is no any payment

csjarmitage
Community Guru
Christy A Member Since: Dec 30, 2015
2 of 13

Do you have an active contract in your "My Jobs" tab?

halil0202
3 of 13

yes,ı have,it says

0 dolar paid of X dolar

X dolar (funded) for milestone 1

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
4 of 13

@Ibrahim H wrote:

yes,ı have,it says

0 dolar paid of X dolar

Then the client has 14 days (DAYS, not HOURS) to review your work. Don't pester him.

vladag
Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
5 of 13

Hi Ibrahim,

Is this one of your Fixed-Price contracts you requested approval on already? If it is, I see I responded to two of the threads you started previously the same topic. See my the information I shared in my reply here, please read the resources I shared a month ago and let me know if you have any further questions.

halil0202
6 of 13

no sir,its a new one

vladag
Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
BEST ANSWER
7 of 13

Hi Ibrahim,

I see it's a new contract but since it's a Fixed-Price contract with a funded Milestone, which you've already submitted six hours ago, the same process applies. 

@Vladimir G wrote:

Hi Ibrahim,

I see you accepted the client's offer, submitted the work and requested the Milestone funds to be released on the contract details page. You client can approve your request (here are the steps) or the funds will be automatically released to you 14 days from the most recent submission (no need to use the resubmit button more than once), unless your client request changes to the work you have delivered. Please read this Help article for more information.

You can find the client's details on the right side of their job post and you'll need to add a payment method on your Get Paid page in order to withdraw your earnings.

Please make sure to read the Help articles from the Getting Started as a Freelancer section, our Freelancer Guide and check the tips Lena shared here before submitting new proposals.

View solution in original post

petra_r
Community Guru
8 of 13

@Ibrahim H wrote:

he said we have a holiday but he is always online, gave me the job yesterday,i finished in the same day but there is no any payment

You DO have a contract in My Jobs?

Is it hourly or fixed rate?

If fixed rate, did you use the "submit work and request payment" button?

If hourly, did you track your time?

At ANY rate, if you were hired, and did the job only yesterday, stop pestering the client and give him a few days to review your work.

If there is no contract in your My Jobs page, you were not hired, and won't be paid.

@Ibrahim H wrote:

yes,ı have,it says

0 dolar paid of X dolar

Then the client has 14 days (DAYS, not HOURS) to review your work. Don't pester him.

halil0202
9 of 13

i just asked to him ''will u give me an answer'',,bcoz even after finishing the work he did not write anythings,since he was online..thats why i am asking you

i have already been waiting and will wait,

btw yes i used submit work and request payment

petra_r
Community Guru
10 of 13

@Ibrahim H wrote:

i just asked to him ''will u give me an answer'',,bcoz even after finishing the work he did not write anythings,since he was online..thats why i am asking you

i have already been waiting and will wait,

btw yes i used submit work and request payment

You get paid automatically in 14 days IF the client does not react.

Just because your client is on line does not mean he is available to chat with you. He may be busy, may be working, may be with family,  he may be away, he doesn't HAVE to do anything.

Just leave him in peace, he'll get back to you sooner or later.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS