🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » my client is asking for a second refund and c...
Page options
khunshaj
Community Member

my client is asking for a second refund and claiming that the work done two weeks ago was not good

This client keeps bickering for $10-15 on each milestone, she also threatens to either work outside upwork or wait for the milestones to be released after the two week period, but all of the work she gives me is to be done within 24 hours, she refuses to open milestones for the new tasks and insists that I keep working without any official contract and that she can pay lump sum. Now she is asking for a refund from a task that was done on an hourly basis, she has all the work diary proof that none of the work was copied, it was done two weeks ago, now she is saying that the essay failed according to her professor it has copied materials and does not match the instructions. If you compare my article with the instructions it is exactly what was asked and there is not even 1% plagiarism, the quotes from Shakespeare 2-3 are as requested by the teacher highlighted, rest is all written originally. The client already mentioned that she didn't have budget for this project so she is trying to get refunds out of me piece by piece, since two contracts were open I am afraid she could ruin the feedback. I really do not want such clients, she has been very insistence on new work and now I don't know what to do.

8 REPLIES 8
moonraker
Community Member

Khunsha J wrote:

now she is saying that the essay failed according to her professor

This is academic fraud which is not allowed on Upwork. Not that Upwork are likely to do anything about it - but don't expect any sympathy from the community. 

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Khunsha,

I'm sorry to hear about the bad experience you've had with your client. Could you please reach out to me via PM (click on my name) with the contract ID/Title regarding this? Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
m_terrazas
Community Member

Khunsha J wrote:

This client keeps bickering for $10-15 on each milestone, she also threatens to either work outside upwork or wait for the milestones to be released after the two week period, but all of the work she gives me is to be done within 24 hours, she refuses to open milestones for the new tasks and insists that I keep working without any official contract and that she can pay lump sum. Now she is asking for a refund from a task that was done on an hourly basis, she has all the work diary proof that none of the work was copied, it was done two weeks ago, now she is saying that the essay failed according to her professor it has copied materials and does not match the instructions. If you compare my article with the instructions it is exactly what was asked and there is not even 1% plagiarism, the quotes from Shakespeare 2-3 are as requested by the teacher highlighted, rest is all written originally. The client already mentioned that she didn't have budget for this project so she is trying to get refunds out of me piece by piece, since two contracts were open I am afraid she could ruin the feedback. I really do not want such clients, she has been very insistence on new work and now I don't know what to do.

If you used the Time Tracker correctly, your payment is protected.
But ..., if what you did is academic fraud (I don't know), I'm afraid, and hope they take your profit and ban you.
If you're selling "academic fraud," you and this customer (or others who have asked for and received the same) should be out.
It's enough!

petra_r
Community Member

Khunsha J wrote:

it was done two weeks ago, now she is saying that the essay failed according to her professor 

You can fire the client and hope Upwork isn't taking action against you for academic fraud. Do you not understand that you must never do students' homework or essays etc?

Maria T wrote:

It is a fixed rate contract (edited. I missed that there are two contracts)

Petra R wrote:

Khunsha J wrote:

it was done two weeks ago, now she is saying that the essay failed according to her professor 

You can fire the client and hope Upwork isn't taking action against you for academic fraud. Do you not understand that you must never do students' homework or essays etc?

Maria T wrote:

It is a fixed rate contract

Wasn't she referring to this one?
"Now she is asking for a refund from a task that was done on an hourly basis, she has all the work diary proof that none of the work was copied, it was done two weeks ago, now she is saying that the essay failed according to her professor it has copied materials and does not match the instructions."

Maria T wrote:

Maria T wrote:

It is a fixed rate contract

Wasn't she referring to this one?
"Now she is asking for a refund from a task that was done on an hourly basis, "

Oh, You're right! I get it now! But that was two weeks ago, so too late anyway. 

a_lipsey
Community Member

Commit fraud as your job and you'll be hired by people who commit fraud. You don't want such clients but those are the clients you'll be dealing with when you're selling cheating and academic fraud. Good luck with that.
jr-translation
Community Member

Khunsha J wrote:

This client keeps bickering for $10-15 on each milestone, cheap clients do she also threatens to either work outside upwork report her if you want but she is free to work with other people or wait for the milestones to be released after the two week period that is her right, but all of the work she gives me is to be done within 24 hours so what, she refuses to open milestones for the new tasks and insists that I keep working without any official contract and that she can pay lump sum now that is ToS violation because she is asking for free work. Now she is asking for a refund from a task that was done on an hourly basis, she has all the work diary proof that none of the work was copied that is not what the work diary is used for, it proves that you have been actively working on the project and the paymet is protected by Upwork if you meet the equirements, it was done two weeks ago do you meet the requirements, now she is saying that the essay failed according to her professor erm ,well, you did the work so you should get oaid by her BUT since her professor evaluated the work it sounds a lot like a ToS violation from your side. as well it has copied materials and does not match the instructions That is typical for a homework assignment. If you do not know the professor and his way, you have a hard time to meet his requirements. If you compare my article with the instructions feel free to share it is exactly what was asked and there is not even 1% plagiarism, the quotes from Shakespeare 2-3 are as requested by the teacher highlighted, rest is all written originally By you, not the student. Students can fail assignemnts if the quality differs too much from the usually quality. The client already mentioned that she didn't have budget for this project so why did you work for her? so she is trying to get refunds out of me piece by piece, since two contracts were open I am afraid she could ruin the feedback. Maybe you are lucky and she will leave an honest feedback I really do not want such clients so why did you agree to a second contract, she has been very insistence on new work and now I don't know what to do. Read the ToS.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members