🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » my client is not able to deposit money in esc...
Page options
bharadhan94
Community Member

my client is not able to deposit money in escrow for a contract using his visa debit card , he is re

my client is not able to deposit money in escrow for a contract using his visa debit card , he is receiving an error to try after sometime.

Are the debit cards not supported in Upwork.

Thanks and Regards

20 REPLIES 20
JoanneP

Hi Bharadhan,

I’ve shared your concern with the team. One of our team members will reach out and assist your client directly via a support ticket. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

Thank you very much

Should I open a ticket from my side.

My client has added his credit card , but the verification is still pending , because of which he is not able to hire me.

When will the credit card get verified , how much time it takes , what are the steps for a client to get a card verified quickly and send an offer

Bharadhan V wrote:

My client has added his credit card , but the verification is still pending , because of which he is not able to hire me.

Let Upwork help your client sort out the issues, it is nothing to do with you.

Bharadhan V wrote:

Should I open a ticket from my side.

No, of course not. 

But how does upwork know the client whom I am referring too.

Bharadhan V wrote:

But how does upwork know the client whom I am referring too.

Presumably by looking at your account, messages etc?

Okay

can my client add paypal also as a billing method along with the credit/debit card already added. Will it cause any issues.

Thanks and Regards

I have a client whose payment is verified when I checked in the proposals page , but still he is not able to make a deposit in escrow and hire me . I have been waiting for 2 days for someone to fix this issue or I will lose the client because of this delay. I am looking for a moderator to help me on this.

Thanks and Regards

Bharadhan V wrote:

I have a client whose payment is verified when I checked in the proposals page , but still he is not able to make a deposit in escrow and hire me .

It is not your issue. Get the client to sort it out with Upwork. 

I got a reply from moderator they will respond via a ticket but no ticket is open till now.

Bharadhan V wrote:

I got a reply from moderator they will respond via a ticket but no ticket is open till now.

Nobody at Upwork will discuss your client's account with you due to privacy reasons. They will ONLY discuss your client's account with your client, so (again) you need to get your client to contact Upwork and sort it out.

He has contacted Upwork and no response so far , I might lose the client because of the delay.

Bharadhan V wrote:

He has contacted Upwork and no response so far , I might lose the client because of the delay.

Tell the client to add a proper credit card, or a proper card backed PayPal account that is verified and properly backed and try again with that. Debit cards don't always work or block international charges.

But once again, Upwork will not discuss this with you, only with your client, and tickets are dealt with in the order they come in, so if the client opened a support request, he'll get a response in due course.

how can the client open a support request any steps to follow.

Bharadhan V wrote:

how can the client open a support request any steps to follow.

You claimed earlier that the client has already done so.

Bharadhan V wrote:

Is the client's payment method verified when they signup in the platform

Bharadhan V wrote:

Is the client's payment method verified when they signup in the platform

No, it is verified when they verify it.

How to verify it , any steps or links so I can send it to my client please.

Bharadhan V wrote:

How to verify it , any steps or links so I can send it to my client please.

You said he already verified it? It really looks like you are confusing the client even more. Once again, you need to get the client to sort it out with Upwork.

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211068038-Add-a-Credit-Card 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members