🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: my client not ask for refund then why i g...
Page options
aaajaykumar
Community Member

my client not ask for refund then why i got the refunded message

why i got this message when my client never ask for refund please help me in this to solve it 

**Edited for community guidelines**

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Any time something is not your fault, that's BAD.

When something IS your fault, that is GOOD.

The fact that you did not get paid IS your fault.

And that is GOOD.

Because if something truly is NOT your fault, then you can not do something about it.

For example:

If the electricity goes out in your town for 3 days, that's really NOT YOUR FAULT. That's BAD. Because you can NOT do anything about it.

But what about this:

You did not get paid because you did not log your time correctly using the Upwork desktop app.

That IS your fault. And that is GOOD, because you can easily CHANGE it. You can do something about it.

Petra, Kathy, and I (and other experienced Upwork freelancers) always get paid for our hourly work. Because we know how to use to the tool correctly. Honestly, it is very easy to use the tool.

So when you are learning to use Upwork, any time we tell you that something is your fault, and that you made a mistake, you should be relieved. You should think: "Oh, that's good. That means I can learn how to do things the right way and then I won't have this problem any more."

View solution in original post

20 REPLIES 20
petra_r
Community Member

Rohit K wrote:

why i got this message when my client never ask for refund please help me in this to solve it 

Your client failed to pay Upwork for your hours and your hours did not qualify for protection (manual hours or insufficient / missing memos / low activity.)

This can only be solved if the client pays for your hours (as a bonus, and it goes through)

then it was not my fault sir upwrk has to decided this i have spent my time
on it and i want my money for it help.me please

Rohit K wrote:

Your client did not pay Upwork.  That means if you had logged your hours according to the terms of the protection, you would have been paid (Upwork would have paid you out of their own pocket.)

But unless the client reappears and pay you, you won't get paid.

ok how they will reapperas and pay me please let me know

how they reapperas and pay me tell me the  whole process please

Hi Rohit,

Unfortunately, when the client fails to pay for hours logged by the freelancer, any hours that aren't covered by Upwork Hourly Protection may be reversed. Please, check out this help article for more information. Our team will also be reaching out to you directly via email with more information about your case.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Rohit K wrote:

how they reapperas and pay me tell me the  whole process please

You need to ask the client to fix the situation, they are the one who failed to pay for your work.

so how they fix it is any solution so i tell him the process how they repay me 

Rohit K wrote:

They can go to the contract and pay a bonus. However, if the client's payment method failed for your salary, the bonus may not go through either...

Rohit K wrote:

You can inform the client that you own the work since you did not get paid for it.

tell me in brief about this screenshot attached email

Hi Rohit,

Our team has reached out to your via this support ticket regarding your recent reversal concern. Please consider following up on your ticket and kindly communicate with our team through that ticket if you have any questions, in order to keep all the information in one place. Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Rohit K wrote:

Yes, it was your fault. Assuming that this was an hourly job, - Upwork provides payment protection for hourly jobs IF YOU follow their procedures. Those procedures are:

1. download, install and USE Tracker. Tracker records the hours you put in working on a job and it also takes screen shots showing that you are actually working on the job. Entering manual hours does not qualify you for the Payment protection. 

2. Type in short memos of what you are doing in the screen shots that Tracker takes.

3. Have normal keystroke activity. 

So, if you followed the above 3 things, and a problem happens with the clients financial account then Upwork itself will pay you out of their own account. 

You failed to do that, so at this point, you are not going to get paid for the work you did and the hours you put in. If you've already tried contacting this client about this. and they are not communicating back, then they have no intention of fixing whatever is wrong. They probably think, since they have the work, why pay for it now. This client was probably a scammer, 

There is nothing or no way us, Upwork or you can do to get paid for this job. (unless you followed the 3 steps above.) Chalk it up as a loss, learn from it and move on. 

Any time something is not your fault, that's BAD.

When something IS your fault, that is GOOD.

The fact that you did not get paid IS your fault.

And that is GOOD.

Because if something truly is NOT your fault, then you can not do something about it.

For example:

If the electricity goes out in your town for 3 days, that's really NOT YOUR FAULT. That's BAD. Because you can NOT do anything about it.

But what about this:

You did not get paid because you did not log your time correctly using the Upwork desktop app.

That IS your fault. And that is GOOD, because you can easily CHANGE it. You can do something about it.

Petra, Kathy, and I (and other experienced Upwork freelancers) always get paid for our hourly work. Because we know how to use to the tool correctly. Honestly, it is very easy to use the tool.

So when you are learning to use Upwork, any time we tell you that something is your fault, and that you made a mistake, you should be relieved. You should think: "Oh, that's good. That means I can learn how to do things the right way and then I won't have this problem any more."

Preston H wrote:

To be fair and honest, yes, I have always got paid, but  I cheerfully use manual time with some clients and I hand over work against milestones that are not funded. In fact I've handed big (well over $ 1k worth) chunks of work over against unfunded milestones. It has not backfired YET.

One day it WILL go wrong and I'll not get paid. It is not an "if" - it is a "when."

When (not if) it does go wrong, it will be a result of my decision to run my business the way I choose, nobody else's fault.

Petra R wrote:

Preston H wrote:

To be fair and honest, yes, I have always got paid, but  I cheerfully use manual time with some clients and I hand over work against milestones that are not funded. In fact I've handed big (well over $ 1k worth) chunks of work over against unfunded milestones. It has not backfired YET.

One day it WILL go wrong and I'll not get paid. It is not an "if" - it is a "when."

When (not if) it does go wrong, it will be a result of my decision to run my business the way I choose, nobody else's fault.

If you do everything by the book, you get paid (unless the client is a scammer). It is definitely safer than the real world where clients disappear and have to be chased down. I once reached out to a client's client (all outside UW) to inform him that he uses material for which I own the copyright. Now  it is my client without the middle man but first is was several weeks chasing after my money and finding my text online.

Hello,
Why I got refund message when my client doesn't ask for refund.
Now clients contract is on hold, but when I worked all was well with contract
My activity was good.
Please help me to solve this problem.

Thanks

Hi Mykyta,

I`m sorry about the incovience this had caused you.
I checked your account and I can confirm that our team has reached out to you via ticket with more details about this. Please refer to your ticket with number 25892133, if you have any additional questions feel free to post them there and our team will assist you further. You can access your tickets on this link, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello Goran V., 

I seems to have the same problem, my client did not request for refund so, why did I get refund message when my client doesn't ask for refund. Please kidly help me with this as soon as possible.

Thanks in anticipation of your prompt response.

Regards.

It wasn't actually refunded. Upwork couldn't get the money from card even though it showed as being in escrow so you couldn't get it. The card was probably stolen. This happens all the time. You were probably scammed and will never get your money.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths