🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » my client threatens to rate 1 star if I don't...
Page options
6f61a2d1
Community Member

my client threatens to rate 1 star if I don't give him a discount. what should i do now?

Hello,

I have a problem as follows:
my client threatens to rate 1 star if I don't give him a discount. what should i do now?
any advice please.
Thank you.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
feed_my_eyes
Community Member

Tell the client, politely but firmly, that you cannot offer him a discount and that he needs to honour your original agreement if he wants to use your work. Click on the three dots next to the message in order to report it. If Upwork suspends the client - which they should do, if he openly threatened you like that - then his review won't count towards your JSS.

I think that you should actually raise your prices; all of your other clients are very happy with your work. $20/hour for a graphic designer with 12 years of experience is very low. The more you raise your prices, the less you'll have to deal with horrible cheapskate clients.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
spectralua
Community Member

Report his. It is ToS violation.

feed_my_eyes
Community Member

Tell the client, politely but firmly, that you cannot offer him a discount and that he needs to honour your original agreement if he wants to use your work. Click on the three dots next to the message in order to report it. If Upwork suspends the client - which they should do, if he openly threatened you like that - then his review won't count towards your JSS.

I think that you should actually raise your prices; all of your other clients are very happy with your work. $20/hour for a graphic designer with 12 years of experience is very low. The more you raise your prices, the less you'll have to deal with horrible cheapskate clients.

Thank you, Christine!

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members