🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: my client wants to report me
Page options
06b4e2ae
Community Member

my client wants to report me

i had upwork direct proposal link in my instagram bio, i approached a business which was in my suggestions on instagran for logo designing as i am starting as an designer, so i messaged my client on instagram that if they wanted a logo they can send me proposals here on upwork through the link in my bio, to my surprise client was already on upwork and is telling me that they are reporting me as upwork requested them to report, please help , will my account get banned , i really need to know whhat should i do

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

jovial l wrote:

i really need to know whhat should i do

Nothing you need to do, but in future don't use direct contracts until you know if a client is or is not on Upwork.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
petra_r
Community Member

jovial l wrote:

i really need to know whhat should i do

Nothing you need to do, but in future don't use direct contracts until you know if a client is or is not on Upwork.

06b4e2ae
Community Member

will my account get suspended?

petra_r
Community Member

jovial l wrote:

will my account get suspended?

Unlikely. Unless you contacted the client on Instagram knowing they had an Upwork account.

Do you really bother companies on Instagram to try and sell thm a logo even if you have no idea if they need one or not?

Or did you see the client's Upwork job post and then contacted them on Instagram, which could absolutely get you suspended, and rightly so.

06b4e2ae
Community Member

actually i got 2 clients from instagram they wanted a logo design and the contract were completed succesfully .but when i messaged the third one i didn't know he was on upwork and this problem arised.

anyways, thanks for your help,takecare

lysis10
Community Member

right-click, search google for image

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths