🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » my clients filled the Testimonials but it sti...
Page options
elitegra
Community Member

Showcase your past experience with testimonials - FEEDBACK

This is a great idea that I have thought about it for some time now, a way to showcase some of our best testimonials. BUT to me this is not the right implementation, why should we ask a client for a second testimonial when they already left feedback? 

Simply let us select from our job history the testimonials we want to feature, this will also be more legitimate. Otherwise, how can some proof they actually worked together? 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

1,355 REPLIES 1,355
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Katherine,

I checked this for you and the testimonial you’re referring to is currently showing on your profile. Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you’ll see it on your end?  

Let us know if the issue persists.  

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi Bojan,

sorry! I just found out I'm answering to the wrong comment & don't see how to delete it 🙂 

pavolcroft
Community Member

Testimonials my past clients gave to me are not approved. Is it possible to get a manual check of them from Upwork? I tried to contact support, but it redirected me here. Thank you for your answers!

Hi Pavol,

To ensure trust and quality of our marketplace, we can only approve testimonials from clients where we have sufficient evidence that the contact information is valid. In this case, we may not have been able to find sufficient information. You can try requesting another from a different client. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran,

thank you for your answer. That's what was written in the email, and it makes no sense. I got rejected 2 of 4 testimonials, both clients are on LinkedIn, active on other social networks too, have websites of their businesses, one is my former boss & I worked ages for his agency. In case of manual check that would be crystal clear. 

I'm quite upset with this situation.

It's nonsense they just vomit the same explanation over and over.  I have had two denied now that were legitimate people I have done services for and I have no idea what the problem is.  Linked In matches, work email matches, or LinkedIn profiles show that we do know each other and have done work together.  The system is flawed and bias.  

kflounlacker
Community Member

I am brand new to UpWork and my initial experience is making me wonder if I should go any further. I requested a testimonial from a non UpWork member that I have done a great deal of work with. He responded right away and the testimonial was rejected because "we have sufficient evidence that the contact information is valid."

What does this mean? I supplied his LinkedIn and business email. This is beyond frustrating. 

Hi Kevin,

I'm sorry to hear about your request status. To ensure trust and quality of our marketplace, we can only approve testimonials from clients where we have sufficient evidence that the contact information is valid. In this case, we may not have been able to find sufficient information. You can try requesting another from a different client.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Thanks so much but this answer provides no further clarity as to why it was rejected.

This is someone with an active work email and active linkedin account. What does it mean that you can’t “find sufficient evidence?"

kashiffumer
Community Member

To whom it may concern.

I am struggling on my profile with the testimonial for the last four day's.  I have initiated a new testimonial request to my past client with each and every information authentic, later on, I have contacted my client to give their honest feedback on the received Email from Upwork, but still, they didn't receive any Email from the Upwork team. 

The screenshot can be found below regarding my 4 testimonials request 3 to the same client while 1 request has been initiated to another client, and all of them denied any email from Upwork. 

Please resolve this issue ASAP this will be an act of kindness.
looking forward to hearing from you.

Thank you 

**Edited for community guidelines**

Regard's 

Kashif Umer

Hi Kashif,

Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with the email addresses you have sent these requests to? I’ll check that for you and assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
eb7b0bf2
Community Member

My testimonial was rejected even though they are a real client I worked for. I can't seem to get in contact with the "trust & safety" team that rejected the testimonail. I also cannot ask for another one. I would like to know why it was rejected, and how I can appeal this descision as they are actually my client. I have more proof I can provide. 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Diego,

Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with the email addresses you have sent these requests to? I’ll check that for you and assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
sharmasumit54
Community Member

Hey
Can I add my upwork client testimonial to my upwork profile?
Thanks
Sumit

Hi Sumit,

The Work History section of your profile reflects your experience with Upwork clients and the Testimonials section is intended to reflect your experience with clients outside of Upwork. That said, we are allowing testimonials from Upwork clients at this time.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
0cbbd913
Community Member

Is there any standard for approving testimonials?

Hi Ehtisham,

We do have tools and a system in place to review and check the validity of the testimonials. To better ensure the integrity of our review, we do not share the details of our process. Thanks for your understanding.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
c78369b5
Community Member

my clients filled the Testimonials but it still pending for more than 36 hours

Hi Youssef,

Please allow up to 10 business days for the review on your testimonial to be completed. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

My pending testimonials are not showing on my profile yet & one of them passed 10 business days since the 25th of Feb.

Hi Mohamed,

I'm sorry about the delay with this. Our team will review your testimonial as soon as possible and will reach out to you with the results. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

i am also facing this issue. my client also filled testimonial 4 days ago. but I don't get any email yet. and testimonial status is pending.

Hi Upwork community,  I am facing an issue that my client filled testimonial 4 days ago.  But I don't get any email yet and testimonial status is pending.

Hi Muhammad,

Thanks for your question. You might notice that your post is now merged to this thread to keep all information in one place. As Goran mentioned in the previous reply, please allow up to 10 business days for your request to be reviewed.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

I requested to get testimonial from my previous client that was Feb3, but up to this time, it is still pending. 

Hi Christine,

Could you please reach out to me via PM (click on my name) with more details about the client you're referring to? Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

It's been more than 10 days and testimony from old client is still pending. Can anyone tell me how long it normally takes to get approved?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Hamza,

I checked this for you and the testimonial you’re referring to is currently showing on your profile. Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you’ll see it on your end?  

Let us know if the issue persists.  

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi,

I have the same issue. My client wrote a testimonial and it's still pending.

"Your testimonial request to the client is pending" ...

It's nearly a month.

I would like to know if this can be fixed.

Both of my clients wrote testimonials.

Thanks.

Hi Josipa,

I checked and it looks like you sent your testimonial requests on Feb 19th, you can check this by going to your profile and scrolling down to the Testimonial section. Please allow 10 business days for your request to be reviewed.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

Hi Andrea,

Thank you for your reply, I see it was 19th February.

Hope it will be reviewed soon.

Appreciate your help,

Thanks!

ssraw
Community Member

Hi,

I am writing this to know the reason why most of our testimonial requests has been rejected. 

Please do not revert with an answer saying that this is your policy to maintain standard because this I have heard so many times. 

But now, I want the reason for each and every testimonial that has got rejected. 

Please do not reply with an email because I do not understand anything that you reply. Versha from our team had also contacted you this week, but your team is not able to answer the questions properly on email. They don't even understand our question and revert anything they feel like.  

Call me as soon as possible at **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Regards,

Krati

petra_r
Community Member

Shailender Singh R wrote:

Please do not revert with an answer saying that this is your policy to maintain standard because this I have heard so many times. 

Then you have been told everything Upwork will tell you and for you to continue asking the same question expecting a different answer in a waste of time.

But now, I want the reason for each and every testimonial that has got rejected. 

... and I want a magic unicorn. We will both be disappointed.

Call me as soon as possible

Not going to happen.

moonraker
Community Member

Testimonials?

Do you mean proposals?

Jamie F wrote:

Testimonials?

Do you mean proposals?

No, he means testimonials. Upwork reject testimonials from clients they can't verify as meaningful buinesses. 

Hi Shailender,

I checked and it seems that you are already in correspondence with our team on your support ticket. Please continue to communicate with them as they are the ones who can best assist you. When everything is in one place, we can be more efficient in assisting you.

Thank you,

~ Nikola
Upwork
akrcommunication
Community Member

Testimonial Rejected with No Reason Given - Advice? My client took the time to write it and I'd like this testimonial approved. I've had a freelance client outside of Upwork for a few years. She kindly took the time to write me a testimonial for my new profile and it was rejected. No reasons given. I can't find any help or direct way to contact support at Upwork to have it reviewed again or corrected and approved. Her LinkedIn profile features her maiden name, that's the only thing I can think of that may have caused an issue. But again, not approving a testimonial with no reason given is frustrating.

Hello Andria, 

I am sorry to hear that your Testimonial request was rejected. To ensure trust and quality of our marketplace, we can only approve testimonials from clients where we have sufficient evidence that the contact information is valid. In this case, we may not have been able to find sufficient information.

Thank you.

Pradeep H.

Upwork

The issue is that there is no reason given or chance to remedy. This wastes my client’s time and makes me not want to reach out to any others for a testimonial when I do not know why these are being rejected and there’s no one to discuss this with. This is my first upwork experience and it’s been frustrating so far. In this case, you had the client’s professional email address at the company’s url as well as the linked in profile for the company and her personal profile as the VP of Marketing.

Hi Andria,

Your submitted testimonial has been reviewed and should be showing on your profile now. Feel free to reach back to us if you need any further assistance. 

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members