🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: my country not exist among countries list
Page options
goldencodeline
Community Member

my country not exist among countries list

hi all ,

i am a software developer/Designer from Kabul - Afghanistan , recently i wanted to create an account with upwork to start working as freelacer , but in registreation from in section which says to specify your country i cant find my country name amont other coutrest names.

i dont know what is the main reson for this.

please if someone help me

13 REPLIES 13
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there,

Unfortunately, we can't provide service in some locations due to limitations with our payment partners. However, we will definitely share your interest and feedback with the team.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi. Where can I find the full list of the countries Direct contracts work with? 
Thanks

Hi Iuliia, 

Thanks for reaching out. Currently, Direct Contracts are available anywhere Upwork offers service.

~ Joanne
Upwork

Could you please specify if there are countries where Upwork doesn't offer service?
Thank you.

Hi Luliia,

To learn more about this, check out this Help Article. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi!
Payoneer is one of your payment partner and It has service in Afghanistan, since I you don't have my country's name I choose my location tojkstan which is the closest country to my location. I hope there is no problem with that.

Shakib O wrote:
Hi!
Payoneer is one of your payment partner and It has service in Afghanistan, since I you don't have my country's name I choose my location tojkstan which is the closest country to my location. I hope there is no problem with that.

You are not allowed to lie about your location nor anything else in your profile e.g. language skills.

Hi!

I know that is not what anyone should do, but like me in Afghanistan thare are lots of people who really want to work with upwork , and I thing you should do something about it, ofcourse it is not your fault that my country's name is not on the list. It has been more than one year since payoneer that is one of your payment parties works in Afghanistan. lots of people got paid in Afghanistan via payoneer from Amarica and other countries I don't know why upwork doesn't do any thing about this.

Hi Shakib,

I can see that you already have an open ticket regarding this issue. One of our agents has updated your ticket as well to assist you further. You can access the ticket by going here

~ Joanne
Upwork

Shakib O wrote:
Hi!

If your country is not on the list, it is because Upwork cannot transact with it. So you won't be able to keep your profile here. Or so it is supposed.
That you lie about your location belies the "honesty" that you display on your profile, don't you think?

It isn't Upwork's fault that a country is not on the list.

Upwork simply works with whichever countries its payment gateway partners allow.

4028bbf0
Community Member

Hey i have the same problem from iraq

Thanks for reaching out, Marwa. Unfortunately, we can't provide service in some locations due to limitations with our payment partners. However, we will definitely share your interest and feedback with the team.

~Andrea
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members