🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » my job success score and job rates
Page options
bettinahughes20
Community Member

my job success score and job rates

Hi, I hope your well. 

I am trying to understand why my job success score is still 89 %, when I have had 5 stars for all my jobs done except for one job?  Will this be updated?

I was also wondering about the minimum hourly or fixed rates that you have on upwork. Its really hard to make money when your competing with someone who is happy to get a $15.00 fixed rate for a project. Very low rate. Is there any way you could set a minimum payment, to the clients?  I also see someone offereing to pay someone $5.00 for a small job, this seems very low. Im trying to understand how this is all working . I suppose once I have earnt over a certain amount on the site, I will be able to pick up better paid work? People will start trust me more ??? thank-you Bettina

1 REPLY 1
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Bettina, 

I'm sorry to know you're not pleased with your Job Success Score. I checked your score and can confirm that the computation is correct. Your Job Success Score takes into consideration your overall contract history. In this help article, it highlighted some reasons why your score can change: 

• You receive poor public or private feedback from one or more clients.
  • You receive very positive public or private feedback from one or more clients.
  • A higher-value job is added to your score and outweighs lower-value jobs.
  • Jobs you completed in the past are no longer considered because they are outside the score's time frame.

The Job Succes Score is updated every two weeks, and if I counted it correctly, the next update would be on the 6th of December. Hopefully, your score improves then. You may also want to check out this recent announcement we shared about how contracts with no feedback will no longer affect your score. I'd also like to note that job size is also factored in your score's calculation, and you may read more about it here.

As for your question about the rates, I'm sorry to hear you do not see the value you expect in your job feed. As those projects may be of interest to other freelancers, please use filters while searching to exclude the ones you’re not interested in. Minimum hourly rates are at $3, and the minimum rate for a milestone is at $5. Freelancers are free to set their rates as they see fit, decline any offer, or skip a job in their job feed if they feel that it doesn't add value to their freelancing business.

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members