cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i have a very Long name and hence my bank Link is not activated.

Highlighted
Lokanadam Member Since: Jan 11, 2015
1 of 7

my name is Lakshmi Venkata Satya Vijay Kumar Lokanadam and it does not fit in your profile entry form.

so i entered as follows:

Lakshmi VenkataSatya Vijay Kumar

[PLEASE NOTE THAT I AVOIDED A SPACE]

now since the two are not matching, my bank link to odesk is deactivated.

please help me.

Lokanadam Member Since: Jan 11, 2015
2 of 7

1. my name is LAKSHMI VENKATA SATYA VIJAY KUMAR LOKANADAM

2. the text field does not allow so many characters.

3. so i removed a space between 2nd and 3rd names.

LAKSHMI VENKATASATYA VIJAY KUMAR LOKANADAM

4. now my bank name and odesk name are mismatched.

5. please help.5.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Aseem B Member Since: Dec 20, 2014
3 of 7

I don't think community members can help with this issue. It is best if you contact odesk support by clicking here.  

There is Live Chat or Submit a Request option on the right hand side of the page. Best is to go for Live Chat first.

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
4 of 7

Hi Lokanadam,

Aseem, Preston and Ronald gave some really good advice here. You can contact your bank and clarify what shortened forms of your name are acceptable  in order to successfully receive your funds. Here is more information about it.

Also, I merged the two threads about the same issue.

Thank you!

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
Community Guru
Aseem B Member Since: Dec 20, 2014
5 of 7

I have replied to your other thread. It is best to not create duplicate threads for same issue. 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Ronald T Member Since: Sep 14, 2009
6 of 7

The name on the bank account you use with oDesk must match the name on your oDesk account. The reason for this is because of US Federal laws that oDesk (and its members) must adhere to.

Initiate a support ticket explaining the problem. Maybe oDesk has an answer for how the issue can be remedied. For oDesk Support, please go to the oDesk Help Center https://support.odesk.com/

Contact your bank, and ask them what your options are. Maybe they can add another user to your bank account with a shorter name (for your use). Otherwise, maybe you can open another bank account with a shorter name to use with your oDesk account.

Maybe just change your name and make life easier for everyone...lol.... Sorry, couldn't resist....

Ron aka LanWanMan
Highlighted
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
7 of 7
I think oDesk and your bank will be willing to work with you on this. You are clearly not trying to create a fake identity, just trying to deal with a long name.

For professional purposes, if you want to make more money, try to get your name displayed with just two words. I am sure that sounds shocking to some people. Whatever. Let them be shocked while you follow my advice and make more money. Most contractors on oDesk don't use their full birth name.

Ron offered good tips. Work with your bank, shorten your bank name. Change banks if they won't let you at the place you are at now. Then work with oDesk customer support to change your oDesk display name to your shortened bank name.

This does not mean you are changing your actual name. It just means that you are shortening the name displayed by oDesk so that it fits into the available space and so that it fits in better with the site.
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS