🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » my profile is 100% but not getting order yet!...
Page options
5d9fa303
Community Member

my profile is 100% but not getting order yet!!!

Why I did not get any order yet!!!!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Mary A wrote:
But I speak English. I've been submitting proposals for almost a month but no body is willing to take a chance on me. It's depressing.

The solution to getting a job is not universal. The guy who opened the topic has a conversational level of English.

As for VAs there are a bunch of them on Upwork. Also, are you studying in 4 US universities at the same time?

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
2a05aa63
Community Member

Arsalan A wrote:

Most clients on the platform use English. It will be hard to work with someone without a proper communication. 

But I speak English. I've been submitting proposals for almost a month but no body is willing to take a chance on me. It's depressing.

Mary A wrote:

The solution to getting a job is not universal. The guy who opened the topic has a conversational level of English.

As for VAs there are a bunch of them on Upwork. Also, are you studying in 4 US universities at the same time?

They are certificate courses that I am taking from edx and Coursera. I had no where to show them off at. What do you suggest I do?

Mary A wrote:
They are certificate courses that I am taking from edx and Coursera. I had no where to show them off at. What do you suggest I do?

You can add custom certificates. There's a whole section dedicated to it.

Mary A wrote:

It takes people a lot longer than a month to get jobs these days. You just have to be patient and keep working on your profile and proposals. 

Also, remove the first line of your profile where you repeat your headline/title. It's a waste of the most valuable space on the profile, since clients only see the first two lines when they are browsing search results. 

Thanks a lot for this.
a_lipsey
Community Member

Arsalan A wrote:

Getting jobs is not dependent on your profile being 100% complete. It's dependent on having a good profile and good proposals that are compelling to potential clients. Your profile is generic with no unique selling point. Your proposals are probably the same.  It's a very competitive environment, and you don't just get handed a job for setting up a profile. 

Okay, as a new freelancer what do you suggest I do to boost up my profile. Thanks in anticipation of the help.
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members