Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

name change

Highlighted
Sangeetha M Member Since: Jun 8, 2017
1 of 25

HELLO,

I have used my nick name on upwork but in my bank details I have different so I went to my contact info and I requested to change my name but I didn't get any response.What can I do? How can I change my name on upwork?

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
BEST ANSWER
2 of 25

@Sangeetha M wrote:

HELLO,

I have used my nick name on upwork but in my bank details I have different so I went to my contact info and I requested to change my name but I didn't get any response.What can I do? How can I change my name on upwork?

Go to your Settinge page

Click on Edit as per screenshot

edit button.jpg

3 of 25

Thank you for replying me.I have already edited my name and it shows "Your name change request is under review. Your request will be processed within 48 hours." but after 48 hours it remians same.

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
4 of 25

@Sangeetha M wrote:

Thank you for replying me.I have already edited my name and it shows "Your name change request is under review. Your request will be processed within 48 hours." but after 48 hours it remians same.

Sometimes it takes a little longer!

5 of 25

thanks but It doen't change yet.It almost more than 2 weeks..

6 of 25

I have recently opened my upwork account and I have entered my nick name sangeetha as my profile name(I thought it's lucky) but the problem is my bank account have different name.Can I change my upwork name?

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
7 of 25

Sangeetha, certainly you can change your Upwork profile name to match your real name. Go to your Settings> Contact Information and click "Edit." You may need to complete an additional ID verification in order for it to be changed.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Saima Z Member Since: May 18, 2019
8 of 25

there is no Identity verification option in settingsidentity.png

Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
9 of 25

Hi Saima,

Just to confirm, are you trying to verify your identity or requested for a name change only? 

-Joanne
Untitled
Saima Z Member Since: May 18, 2019
10 of 25
I was setting up bank account; I work in fiverr; so I was not familiar with
Upwork policies; i read articles in Upwork community and find that I can
not change my name to other to link the bank account holder.
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS