🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: name change
Page options
f92b33f3
Community Member

name change

I signed up from my google account and my name and surname are incorrect because google account uses not real name and surname. If I go to Settings -> Contact Info Upwork redirect to Settings -> Password&Security and I can't change my name.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there,

Could you please try setting up your Security Question before you update your name under Settings. Let us know if you need any further assistance.

~ Bojan
Upwork

View solution in original post

80 REPLIES 80
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there,

Could you please try setting up your Security Question before you update your name under Settings. Let us know if you need any further assistance.

~ Bojan
Upwork
d592b35d
Community Member

Hi Bojan, I'm facing a similar issue as Upwork is pulling my name from my email address. So, the name that is appearing is incorrect. I've changed my security question, but I'm still unable to update my name.

Hi Bats,

Are you experiencing any problems when you`re going to Settings > Contact Info? You can submit a name change request by updating your name there. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thank you so much! Prior to updating my security question, I didn't have the option to request a change of name. I have now successfully requested for the same. Thanks for your prompt response!

It seems that I am also facing the same issue. May I also request a new name? My current one was pulled from my email.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there,

You can update your name by going to Settings and using the edit button. Feel free to reach back to us if you need any further assistance.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
df1a0452
Community Member

Hi! I also had this problem. I did everything as you said, and my name changed in some fields on the site, but not in my profile, and I don`t imagine what to do next

Hi Egor,

I manually generated your profile and your name is displaying correctly now. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Delete

Hi Timothy,

I just checked your profile and I'm able to see your updated name. Could you try to clear your cache and cookies and login again to see if you're able to view your updated name? Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Delete

Hi Timothy,

Could you please send me a screenshot from your end via PM (click on my name)? I checked your profile in incognito mode as well, and on my end, your updated name is listed on your profile. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Delete

when I was creating my account it took up my google account name which is my second name and my father's surname, is it possible to change my name to my legal names for the purposes of billing?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Kabibi,

You should be able to update your name by going to Settings and using the edit button.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
kabibij
Community Member

thank you it has changed

Hi Egor, all my information is correct, can I use a different name on my profile even though my account information is all correct? 

Regards, 

marta 

Hi Aleksandar , all my information is correct, can I use a different name on my profile even though my account information is all correct? 

Regards, 

marta 

Hi Marta,

Your profile name must be your real name and should not be edited after you’ve created your account. You can find more information here

~ Nikola
Upwork
ff27c941
Community Member

hi, I am also logged in with email and it has made my email name! there's nowhere to change it in contact info, you can only change photo, i have answered security questions but option to edit name not available

Hi there, 

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with the team handling your case and one of our agents will follow up with you on your support ticket as soon as possible to assist you further. 

~ Nikola
Upwork

My account name and bank account name does not match. So I had to change my upwork account name. But it says it will take 48 hours for my name to change. I have gotten a bonus payment from a client. But now I can't withdraw the money. It says, "pending" Is it because my payment method is not working? How can I receive my payment?

Hi Shuhrat, 

A bonus payment may take a little longer to process as Upwork has to first charge the client's payment method. If the client initiates a bonus payment after banks' business hours, for example, the bonus may get processed the following day and the security period will start counting from the following day as well.

Please note that Bonus payments are not covered by Hourly Payment Protection. You should be using the Upwork Desktop App to record the time spent working on Hourly contracts.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
e277c986
Community Member

I also have a problem with the name. I turned on the "security question", but still can't change the name. I only need to change one letter "s" to "z".

Hi Nikolay,

Are you able to access your settings page? You will simply need to update your name in the Settings page and be patient up to 3 days for the review to be completed. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi, Goran!
I have access to the profile settings. But by clicking on "edit", I can't change my name. I can only change other data.

Hi Nikolay,

Feel free to submit your application once you're ready and try to update your name once this is done. If you're still unable to edit your name after your application is under review, let me know here. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thanks! I realized my mistake. I sent a request for a name change.
802b2691
Community Member

Please help me to change my name

Hi Shyam,

You can submit a name change request at any time by going to Settings > Contact Info > and updating your name. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
2c96a706
Community Member

Hello, I am facing the same problem, I tried the suggestions on this thread but it is still not changed

Hi Solanna,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I can see that you already opened a support ticket regarding this issue. Please allow our team 24-28 hours to respond to your request. Feel free to also update the ticket should you have further questions or concerns.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hi, would I receive an email regarding the ticket? because I did not receive any, which is I do jot know if there is any progress at all. 

Hi Solanna,

Yes, you will. You can also access your tickets from this page

~ Luiggi
Upwork
2c96a706
Community Member

Hello, 

• As I have mentioned I did not receive any email, nor a ticket number for this so I really have any idea on what is the status of my request. Can you please further assist me this? I just need to make sure my name will be changed to my leagal name. Thank you

Solanna, can you please confirm if you're able to access the ticket from this link? If not, can you share a screengrab of any errors you see so we can better assist you?

~ Luiggi
Upwork
2c96a706
Community Member

Hello,

When I access the link I do see the ticket I have to re-open the account, would I use the same ticket for my name change? I really appreciate your help.

Hi Solanna,

Yes, you can use the same ticket if you have to request further assistance.

~ AJ
Upwork
joblesg
Community Member

Hi, actualy i have registred myself in upwork  for practice purpose just to experience that how this platform works. so i put a  temprary name as my ID name. Now  i want to work with my proper name and other things. But unfortunetly i am unable to change my name.what are the possible ways to setup my account in this way? thanks

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths