Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

name change

sangee_1
Sangeetha M Member Since: Jun 8, 2017
1 of 48

HELLO,

I have used my nick name on upwork but in my bank details I have different so I went to my contact info and I requested to change my name but I didn't get any response.What can I do? How can I change my name on upwork?

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
BEST ANSWER
2 of 48

@Sangeetha M wrote:

HELLO,

I have used my nick name on upwork but in my bank details I have different so I went to my contact info and I requested to change my name but I didn't get any response.What can I do? How can I change my name on upwork?

Go to your Settinge page

Click on Edit as per screenshot

edit button.jpg

View solution in original post

sangee_1
3 of 48

Thank you for replying me.I have already edited my name and it shows "Your name change request is under review. Your request will be processed within 48 hours." but after 48 hours it remians same.

sangee_1
4 of 48

I have recently opened my upwork account and I have entered my nick name sangeetha as my profile name(I thought it's lucky) but the problem is my bank account have different name.Can I change my upwork name?

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
5 of 48

Sangeetha, certainly you can change your Upwork profile name to match your real name. Go to your Settings> Contact Information and click "Edit." You may need to complete an additional ID verification in order for it to be changed.

~ Valeria
Upwork
rinonymousri
Saima Z Member Since: May 18, 2019
6 of 48

there is no Identity verification option in settingsidentity.png

tinker_bell3
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
7 of 48

Hi Saima,

Just to confirm, are you trying to verify your identity or requested for a name change only? 

~ Joanne
Upwork
rinonymousri
Saima Z Member Since: May 18, 2019
8 of 48
I was setting up bank account; I work in fiverr; so I was not familiar with
Upwork policies; i read articles in Upwork community and find that I can
not change my name to other to link the bank account holder.
nyrrielatienza
Community Guru
Riri A Member Since: Jul 21, 2018
9 of 48

Hi Saima,

I checked your profile and saw that you were able to change your name and photo. Your chosen payment method's account name should match your Upwork account name. Otherwise, you will be unable to withdraw the money to your account. You  may check these other payment method options to see which is the right fit for your setup. Let me know if there's anything else. 

~ Riri
dumindu_d
Dumindu S Member Since: Mar 26, 2020
10 of 48

HI All,

I have entered my used name ( parts of my full name)  as the profile name since my full name is too long.

But in my bank account I have the full name. My bank account verification has failed and then I tried to change my profile name then it too got rejected.

Please help to resolve this.

I can provide my identification verification details

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS